Parking Brake Cable Install

-

mydart270

myDart270
Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of the Parking Brake (PB) cable installation as it extends downward from the firewall? I removed the original PB cable and thought a nice new cable from Right Stuff would be a nice addition since the threaded end of the old cable under the car is buggered up (was cut to accommodate the equalizer tension).

Guess what? Replacement cable has thicker armor and U-connector is off-center connected to pull bracket link. The anchor bolt and nut are also a bear to tighten as clamp does not fit
nicely over the larger diameter armor.

So back to the original OEM cable with a modification at the threaded end but need to know PB cable routing as it extends downward from the firewall.

I know this is a small request but do not want the shifter linkage for the transmission to be blocked by the PB cable. The cable needs to be placed so no interference exists.

Thx. Any help appreciated.

What kind of car do you need pictures of? They're not all the same and we have no way of knowing what you have.

These might help

DSCN1003.JPG

DSCN1004 (2).JPG

DSCN1047.JPG

Sorry....really tired, I guess. It's a 1968 Dodge Dart 270/SL-6.
I assumed that from your avatar, but sure as shootin had I run got pictures of my 64 Valiant, that wouldn't have helped. I'll still be glad too if you've not seen what you need in oldmanmopar's post. They're probably fairly close.

I assumed that from your avatar, but sure as shootin had I run got pictures of my 64 Valiant, that wouldn't have helped. I'll still be glad too if you've not seen what you need in oldmanmopar's post. They're probably fairly close.
Thx Rusty. You guys are the best. I am just a shade tree mechanic with a bright and shiny car that was goofed up by a restoration house in Hollis, NH. They screwed up the brakes badly and now fixing correctly. The pic's help from oldmanmopar. It's interesting that parts made to match OEM are still not correct. We should form a group or post what works and what does not work. Calling these aftermarket companies is a waste of time so its buyer be ware and good luck.

Thx Rusty. You guys are the best. I am just a shade tree mechanic with a bright and shiny car that was goofed up by a restoration house in Hollis, NH. They screwed up the brakes badly and now fixing correctly. The pic's help from oldmanmopar. It's interesting that parts made to match OEM are still not correct. We should form a group or post what works and what does not work. Calling these aftermarket companies is a waste of time so its buyer be ware and good luck.
I agree. Pretty much everything from the aftermarket is different, "SOMEHOW" and we just have to "make it work". Most times, it's not such a difference that it cannot be worked around. If you need some help, just let us know.

-
Back