Part 3 newbie

• Thread starter Deleted member 40550
  • Start date
-
Found one on rock auto rebuilt w vac advance 1977 dodge aspen with 225 slant 6. $52 plus $5 core.

Maybe someone on fabo has a decent used one to sell you cheap. Clean it up install a new o ring and a new gear and drop in in.

Wow thanks so much for all the help, my daughter thinks its really kool that there is people out there helping her out with her little dart...
We will keep an eye out when ready for it but may just get one from rock auto love there prices, been using them for a few years on many of the jobs that come my way...

We are a family here on FABO. Please tell her that by virtue of buying the dart, you all became part of one really cool extended mopar family. Most folks here want to help because we really love these cars.

it think its great your daughter is learning life's lessons, about value of $$, work ethic, responsibility, and most important, you guys are making memories, and building a real relationship, but i'm sure you already know this..

if you need the number of an all mopar boneyard let me know, they are just off I44 down toward Union. its is worth the visit!

it think its great your daughter is learning life's lessons, about value of $$, work ethic, responsibility, and most important, you guys are making memories, and building a real relationship, but i'm sure you already know this..

if you need the number of an all mopar boneyard let me know, they are just off I44 down toward Union. its is worth the visit!

If his name is Clay think I have his number..

This was a great find and a great time. 2 fenders, radiator support and front wiring harness.. Fenders have no rot only surface rust and are pretty straight.. It was a long drive 4 1/2 hours.:burnout: but that's what we do for parts and our kids... She found the fenders in Mississippi. So we loaded the Durango with the family, My wife turned it in to a full day of fun and adventure. Spent some time with the very kool peoples that had the dart parts, then hit a local Mississippi Harley dealer (needed a new shirt) then the rest of the day in Memphis. Seen Elvis, Got another Harley shirt, went to a huge bass pro shop, walked Beal street with a cold drink called "call a cab".. Was a great day to be with the whole family and to get some needed parts for her dart. . So know all that she needs is a hood and a front bumper then the front will be looking good.

Attachments

• 150712_002.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 328
  • 150712_001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 340
She has had some good luck just got a gas pedal assembly for 12 bucks. Her gas pedal was missing just a rod there so she was pretty happy to find a pedal for a good price. Well he was asking 30 bucks for it and she offered 12 and he said sure.. Know we are going on a family vacation and she is hopping to find a front bumper and a few other items?

Will just a update, went on the family vacation but we didn't have any time to look for any dart parts. Been kinda little slow on getting parts to get the tank mounted under her dart. We did get it to start and idle on its own, she was so excited. She wanted to buy her own school clothes etc for this year she spent more than what she paid for her car but that's what she wanted to do so good for her.
So after getting another pay check she did order all the stuff to get the tank mounted up so still making progress. She has just enough money to get a hood we found so going on a 2 1/2 drive Saturday to get it so will post pics of that when we get it home.. All that she needs know is a front bumper and the blinker indicator light on the top of the pass fender then we will be looking good.

We made the trip and got the hood, another good find and score. Its pretty kool that so many people help out the younger kids that are trying to get into this hobby. After getting the hood tied on top of the Durango our son treated us to the drag races at gateway motorsports park for our 21st wedding anniversary.. One of the best anniversary's we had, get old car parts for our youngest and ending the day watching some really fast cars drag race.:cheers:

Attachments

• 150901_006.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 242
After some work time and moneys we got her tank and all its parts installed today, we even pulled the old nasty rear shocks. Cant believe that they looked like they have been in there from the date it was made and that they didn't fight me on taking them out...

Attachments

• the new tank is home.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 168
Ok she is done with her Jr year of high school so know its time to start working on her dart again.. She has bought most of the parts to redo the back brakes minus the drums. So we started to work on some of the sheet metal that she got hood is sanded and the bottom side is primered Know to do the fenders that she has.. Going to go and pic up a ok bumper for it in the next few weeks. Then front clip will be done... Hoping to get her behind the wheel this summer...

IMAG0103.jpg

Looking good. What color will it be? Did you ever sort out the distributor in it?
Thanks it is slow going but she is still moving forward with it... The color code is B3 and she wants it back to that color... Haven't done anything to the distributor yet we haven't even put gas in the tank since we put it in the car..

Daughter has been buying parts. Her and I have been working on getting them on her 69 DART.. All new brake hardware,shoes,parking brake cables, new wheel studs, wheel cylinders and drums. Trying to get it on the road soon. She was at work today so had some help from my granddaughter she loves to help on her aunties dart.

dart parts.jpg

new brake parts..jpg

workin on tatys dart 2.jpg

Wow brakes look like brand new. One thing i like about these old A bodies is mechanical parts are still fairly easy to get for these cars. Whered you get the parts? Rock auto? Looks like your granddaughter is having fun.

I love you stories and adventures! this is such a great family project. you and everyone there are to be congratulated !!!!!

Wow brakes look like brand new. One thing i like about these old A bodies is mechanical parts are still fairly easy to get for these cars. Whered you get the parts? Rock auto? Looks like your granddaughter is having fun.
Yea she has got a few from Rock auto and Auto zone.. just keep chiseling away at the it. Rear are almost all done then on to the fronts. Yea grand baby loves helping me she brought out her own pink box with her few tools to help.

I love you stories and adventures! this is such a great family project. you and everyone there are to be congratulated !!!!!
Thanks barbee6043, love helping the kids with there classics.

We are on the front brakes and suspension parts know, Keep finding things that need to be replaced etc. And know that fall is here and it isn't any closer to being on the road for her drive it to school she is now starting to not see the end and is asking me what we could get if we just sell it and get a newer car that I can drive now? So guess we will see what happens next?

We are on the front brakes and suspension parts know, Keep finding things that need to be replaced etc. And know that fall is here and it isn't any closer to being on the road for her drive it to school she is now starting to not see the end and is asking me what we could get if we just sell it and get a newer car that I can drive now? So guess we will see what happens next?

yes getting these old cars roadworthy is an adventure. time, work, money..... there needs to be a real love for the car too. but, yes you can go buy a "newer" car, and then find you have to make these same repairs to it for it to be roadworthy, ??? and maybe the parts and labor are even higher!? maybe the phrase, instant gratification comes up? good luck!

Maybe y'all can look for a cheap car just to get her back and forth to school and work while fixing this one up, then sell off the cheap car when this ones road ready. I find decent cheap used cars parked in front of my local salvage yards. Sometimes people junk stuff thats useable, drivable as is, and the salvage yards put it out front to resell. I'm sure she wants to get driving as it means independence, and the dart needing more work prob starting to seem like an albatross around her neck since there is no visible light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. Also by having a cheap disposable car to drive as a new driver if she makes any mistakes and has a fender bender or 2 its not a vehicle like an old dart that you would really care about, and have to try to find replacement parts for. Either way i wish you all the best.

Matt

I hope one day to do the same with my kids... keep up the good ..

yes getting these old cars roadworthy is an adventure. time, work, money..... there needs to be a real love for the car too. but, yes you can go buy a "newer" car, and then find you have to make these same repairs to it for it to be roadworthy, ??? and maybe the parts and labor are even higher!? maybe the phrase, instant gratification comes up? good luck!

Yes getting old classic's roadworthy is not easy. I have done 3 for myself and helped with one for all three of my kids. The dart is for the youngest daughter.. She was thinking maybe a brand new car would be better at this time. But she still does love that dart... Letting her drive one of my old cars to school so think she will be happy with that while we get to working on hers.. Thanks

Maybe y'all can look for a cheap car just to get her back and forth to school and work while fixing this one up, then sell off the cheap car when this ones road ready. I find decent cheap used cars parked in front of my local salvage yards. Sometimes people junk stuff thats useable, drivable as is, and the salvage yards put it out front to resell. I'm sure she wants to get driving as it means independence, and the dart needing more work prob starting to seem like an albatross around her neck since there is no visible light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. Also by having a cheap disposable car to drive as a new driver if she makes any mistakes and has a fender bender or 2 its not a vehicle like an old dart that you would really care about, and have to try to find replacement parts for. Either way i wish you all the best.

Matt

Hey Matt, Going to let her drive one of my old cars to school for know. She is young and seeing the moneys go and not have the car going is hard for her. And sometimes that light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train. we start one thing and a whole can of worms happens. Thanks..

-
Back