[FOR SALE] Parting Out - 65 Barracuda

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just became the (?) proud owner of a 65 Barracuda parts car. It is way, way too rusted out to save but there are many good parts here for others. If there are parts that are quick and easy pull off I'm happy to do so. Other parts that are more involved may have to wait until I can schedule them in. One of the facts of life, the weather is about to go bad in my part of the world (rain, rain, and more rain). That means parts pulling will have to function around my work schedule and the weather, as well as several other Mopar projects I'm working on. Don't be surprised if I let you know your request may have to wait a while until I can get to it.

The car is a nothing special slant six four speed car. Manual steering, manual brakes. It has bucket seats but I suspect those were not original. It looks like this was a bench seat car from the factory.

All parts prices will be plus shipping. If I can ship stuff in a USPS flat rate box I will do so. I am tight on time and availability for shipping quotes so if it won't fit in a USPS flat rate box I'm happy to provide dimensions and weight so you can figure out your own shipping options. Shipping from my end via UPS or FedEx is easy. Parts will ship from 98604. Please don't interpret this as being non-user-friendly but I'm tight on time to bird dog shipping.

I absolutely prefer local pickup on large or heavy items. If you really, really want something shipped that falls into that category I will provide size and weight on the item along with some local folks who will package this and ship it to you. You can contact them for pricing. I'm willing to drop off said large/heavy item to them so they can sent it to you.

With that introductory bunch of info, here are some items I have available right now. More to come as I disassemble things.

First up, the rubber flappy things that let rain come out of the rear window trim area and exit around the trunk seal. Surprisingly, these are in great shape. The metal hold down strips have surface rust but are sound. I have all the mounting screws. The rubber flaps are flexible and in good condition. Asking $15 on the pair.

View attachment 1715804401

Next up, the click retainers that hold the trunk divider in place when upright. These are in good shape and include the screws. Asking $10 on the pair.

View attachment 1715804402

I have all three pieces of the trunk lid mechanism. Keyed lock with the clip, the plunger mechanism, and the latch. All work fine. No key for the lock. Asking $30 for the set.

View attachment 1715804403

More pics and parts coming tomorrow when I get home from work.

View attachment 1715804405

View attachment 1715804406

I need the frame mount ball stud bracket for the shift linkage. It bolts to the driver's side inner fender near the firewall.

I'm going to take a stab at it tomorrow. The car is outside under a tarp and it's been raining nonstop for days. Haha, they say things should taper off for a while tomorrow afternoon.

Just an update for the folks waiting for parts off this thing. The weather continues to be ugly up my way. It hasn't stopped raining for about two weeks, and I'm getting buried work-wise so time to get parts pulled isn't happening. It's likely to snow today and more rain all week, but I'm off from tomorrow through Sunday so if I can get a break in the rain/snow I'll get some stuff pulled.

I need the frame mount ball stud bracket for the shift linkage. It bolts to the driver's side inner fender near the firewall.

Getting that off would be part of the end game of disassembly on this which will be a ways off in the future. My intention is to sell the entire 4-speed setup as a package.

Let me see what carb it has on it. It's pretty crusty but I should be able to get a good look in a day or two.

If its in the picture, its a BBS. Even if its too far gone for a rebuild, I still cannibalize carbs for any good usable bits. Got a magic bucket of carb parts I fish through when I am in need, haha.

I just became the (?) proud owner of a 65 Barracuda parts car. It is way, way too rusted out to save but there are many good parts here for others. If there are parts that are quick and easy pull off I'm happy to do so. Other parts that are more involved may have to wait until I can schedule them in. One of the facts of life, the weather is about to go bad in my part of the world (rain, rain, and more rain). That means parts pulling will have to function around my work schedule and the weather, as well as several other Mopar projects I'm working on. Don't be surprised if I let you know your request may have to wait a while until I can get to it.

The car is a nothing special slant six four speed car. Manual steering, manual brakes. It has bucket seats but I suspect those were not original. It looks like this was a bench seat car from the factory.

All parts prices will be plus shipping. If I can ship stuff in a USPS flat rate box I will do so. I am tight on time and availability for shipping quotes so if it won't fit in a USPS flat rate box I'm happy to provide dimensions and weight so you can figure out your own shipping options. Shipping from my end via UPS or FedEx is easy. Parts will ship from 98604. Please don't interpret this as being non-user-friendly but I'm tight on time to bird dog shipping.

I absolutely prefer local pickup on large or heavy items. If you really, really want something shipped that falls into that category I will provide size and weight on the item along with some local folks who will package this and ship it to you. You can contact them for pricing. I'm willing to drop off said large/heavy item to them so they can sent it to you.

With that introductory bunch of info, here are some items I have available right now. More to come as I disassemble things.

First up, the rubber flappy things that let rain come out of the rear window trim area and exit around the trunk seal. Surprisingly, these are in great shape. The metal hold down strips have surface rust but are sound. I have all the mounting screws. The rubber flaps are flexible and in good condition. Asking $15 on the pair.

View attachment 1715804401

Next up, the click retainers that hold the trunk divider in place when upright. These are in good shape and include the screws. Asking $10 on the pair.

View attachment 1715804402

I have all three pieces of the trunk lid mechanism. Keyed lock with the clip, the plunger mechanism, and the latch. All work fine. No key for the lock. Asking $30 for the set.

View attachment 1715804403

More pics and parts coming tomorrow when I get home from work.

View attachment 1715804405

View attachment 1715804406

Does it have the approx 1" "chromed open wheel hubcap lug nuts? I can use several "LL" (left hand thread) nuts.

Does it have the approx 1" "chromed open wheel hubcap lug nuts? I can use several "LL" (left hand thread) nuts.

I'm unclear what exactly you are looking for on the lug nuts. Do you have a picture?

If its in the picture, its a BBS. Even if its too far gone for a rebuild, I still cannibalize carbs for any good usable bits. Got a magic bucket of carb parts I fish through when I am in need, haha.

Yes, the carb in the photo is what's on the car. I got a look at it, the thing is seriously ratty. It's been sitting open for who knows how long, it's all frozen up, and it's filthy. It's so nasty I would not feel right selling it so you can have it for free, just pay the shipping.

I'm unclear what exactly you are looking for on the lug nuts. Do you have a picture?
If you had them you would likely know.

The 1965 came with open lug nut wheel covers. The lugs were about 1-1/2" long, looking like the picture. Chrysler at the time used left and right thread lugs, the left lugs were stamped "LL' while the right lugs were unmarked.

Yes, the carb in the photo is what's on the car. I got a look at it, the thing is seriously ratty. It's been sitting open for who knows how long, it's all frozen up, and it's filthy. It's so nasty I would not feel right selling it so you can have it for free, just pay the shipping.
IMG_4154[1].JPG

The 1965 came with open lug nut wheel covers. The lugs were about 1-1/2" long, looking like the picture. Chrysler at the time used left and right thread lugs, the left lugs were stamped "LL' while the right lugs were unmarked.

10-4. Just DM me shipping quote to 31535 and a paypal address.

Would you happen to have a usable Driver side fresh air box with working door... I'll even just take the working door to the box if you have it?
Paypal at the ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back