Parts needed for an intake swap

-

Faderus

Reaction score
Hi, I will be replacing my intake and need to collect some parts. Do I just need the felpro valley pan kit? With or without EGR block offs? Anything else I should do while I am there? I bought the car as it sits so am not sure of any cam details or maintenance history.

I have a 440, iron heads (not sure which), and will be swapping in a street dominator intake.

Hi, I will be replacing my intake and need to collect some parts. Do I just need the felpro valley pan kit? With or without EGR block offs? Anything else I should do while I am there? I bought the car as it sits so am not sure of any cam details or maintenance history.

I have a 440, iron heads (not sure which), and will be swapping in a street dominator intake.

Let me know how it turns out performance wise because I also am thinking about swapping from my stocker to a SD or torker

Let me know how it turns out performance wise because I also am thinking about swapping from my stocker to a SD or torker

Mine is probably not a great test case as I know nothing about the motor other than it is a lumpy cam and the Torker it has on it now causes hood interference.

If your carb is stock and needs heat to open the choke, do not block the crossover. If carb is other, maybe electric, block it off. Check the manifold- where will you mount the coil? PVC? Vacuum for power brakes? Linkage? Things to think about. Good luck.

If your carb is stock and needs heat to open the choke, do not block the crossover. If carb is other, maybe electric, block it off. Check the manifold- where will you mount the coil? PVC? Vacuum for power brakes? Linkage? Things to think about. Good luck.

The car already is modified, and has a torker manifold and a manual choke. I was basically asking if the Pan mattered if the intake didn’t have the exhaust passage.

Pics for clarity.

1925BE27-F707-4D8D-8FAF-8DB1D09CC37B.jpeg

Being that you're using an aluminum intake, you may want to add the Fel-pro 1216 gasket set also.
714DpoAGegL._SY450_.jpg

Don't use those stupid thin paper gaskets! If you do, you will probably have one hell of a time getting your bolts in.. I've seen several people cross-thread the bolts also. Just use some Hi Tack on both sides of the valley pan and a little silicone in the corners where the heads meet the block. Should be good to go. If your heads have been milled, the alignment problem will be even worse.

-
Back