Parts progress but still ugly.

-

66Dvert

Working on my custom car parts again!
Reaction score
I've been working on a couple projects for a "long time" a lot longer than It should have taken but I"m moving forwards on the outer trim pieces I need for my 66 convertible (whew) first successful pull on my newly built vacuum former , had a few problems and junk left on the mold but it's pulled and off the mold without breaking the mold which it did in the last dozen attempts. once finalized I'll cast an epoxy one ands make it even sturdier and smoother.

side panels.jpg

gat a bit more done and had to go to thicker plastic to make it feel good to me. No I have to adjust a bit for sizing and that shape to fit the inner piece. 1 step closer but I did get a web on one side I'll have to work on. still I'm happy with the 43rd test.
side panels new.jpg

I'm makin progress losin weight, but I'm still ugly.

Pardon my ignorance but what part are you working on.

The photo montage makes it really hard to see any details of the photos.

Pardon my ignorance but what part are you working on.

The photo montage makes it really hard to see any details of the photos.

sorry, it is for the convertible side panels 1963 to 1966 dodge dart and plymouth valiant convertibles. I already make the inner pieces and now want to finish up the outer. as you can see I need them for both my convertibles
they are getting closer. The top picture was the very first pull and was "awful,flimsy, malformed and just bad" as in really bad, BUT it was the first one that didn't blow out. it's getting better each test and soon I"ll have the whole process figured out.

DSCF4518.JPG
side panels full.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back