Passenger side mirror for 65 Barracuda

-

Karl Nicholson

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I bought a 65 fish for my dad. He loves the car but at his age really needs a passenger side mirror. My question is did a 65 have an option for passenger side mirror? Are the driver side and passenger side mirrors the same?
Any drawings available to show mounting would also be very appreciated.
65 Barracuda.jpg

I see that. It is the same type mirror but I don't know for sure if it's the exact one you need. There were 3 types for the 60's cars. Yours, a twin post and the adjustable. You might want to contact Roy or Jamie @ Mega Parts. They are very knowledgeable.

Great looking Barracuda!

I see that. It is the same type mirror but I don't know for sure if it's the exact one you need. There were 3 types for the 60's cars. Yours, a twin post and the adjustable. You might want to contact Roy or Jamie @ Mega Parts. They are very knowledgeable.

Great looking Barracuda!
Thanks much! I just left a voicemail for them.

Do not locate on the passenger door just like it is located on the driver side it will be hard to see out of because of the wing window. I did it to mine and it is not very useful.
Absolutely correct. I had my son help me find the right position for viewing and then for wing window clearance.

that is a matter of taste

I prefer mine in the correct factory location and have no problem seeing

best to try first before you drill

Great looking Barracuda!

His mirror is correct for 67 and up, his car should have the twin post mirror. I have a twin post passenger mirror here, and upon close inspection I’ve found that it is the same mirror as on the drivers side. The mirror on his car is also not in the correct location, but short of moving it and filling the holes, I would leave it as is.

012.JPG
100_6000.JPG
that is a matter of taste

I prefer mine in the correct factory location and have no problem seeing

best to try first before you drill
The mirror the op has and the twin post has more adjustment. Mine is the companion mirror to the drivers side adjustable. The housing is solid and the mirror head moves inside it. There is limited adjustment with these. If you place it far enough ahead for easy viewing it hits the vent window. Further back and you run out of pivot to be usefull.

-
Back