passenger side outside mirror questions?

-

56Steve

Reaction score
Hello,
I need to put my passenger side outside mirror on. I am so use to using mirrors I have to add it.
I would appreciate any do's and don'ts before I drill 2 hole's and realize it is wrong!
Thank you for any input in advance!
Steve

Hello,
I need to put my passenger side outside mirror on. I am so use to using mirrors I have to add it.
I would appreciate any do's and don'ts before I drill 2 hole's and realize it is wrong!
Thank you for any input in advance!
Steve
I’m gonna do the same thing. My plan is to “mirror” the placement of the driver side but I haven’t actually checked cars that came with one. Hopefully someone here does and will reply

What car do you have & which style mirrors?

Also, use some blue painters tape over the hole you're drilling to help keep the surrounding paint from cracking/lifting.

What car do you have & which style mirrors?
9AA3244E-33FA-4CD5-A329-0BB4D06EA067.jpeg

Also, use some blue painters tape over the hole you're drilling to help keep the surrounding paint from cracking/lifting.
I can’t speak for 56steve, but mine is a 69 barracuda

I put one on my car while it was apart for a repaint. I took the measurements from the driver's side and used them to mark the spot to drill on the passenger side. Wrong! I presumed it would work but I can't see a dam thing out of it. I was told afterwards that you have to point the base in towards the window, install it crooked. Had I known that before would I have done it, probably not but it sure would be nice to be able to see out of it. Not sure how much you have to turn it in have someone hold it on the door and move it while your in the drivers seat. Hope this helps. Bobby

You need a friend or a helper to hold the mirror and check what position works best. The further back you put it the sharper the mirror angle will have to be. They don't have much movement.

I have also read on this site that the placement will not be the same on the passenger's side as on the driver's side, just like QWKSLVR said. I also like the comment of having someone hold it, while you sit in the seat. Maybe check out some older cars when 2 mirrors became standard.

-
Back