Passion Hemi OD

-

Scoots340

Reaction score
Looking for OD in my 70 Duster 340 3 speed manual. Wondering if anyone runs the Passion Hemi overdrive and what it took to install? Need one more gear that's not 1:1 since the interstate is 70 around here.

It's Passon, not Passion. And I hope you got a fat wallet and some patience...

Install should be pretty straight forward. its just a standard case with a different gear set in it.. Need the right bell housing, the proper shifter and proper spline clutch disc. Oh and the proper length drive shaft.

Last edited:
We installed one of his 4 speed OD (not his new 5 speed) in a 73 Cuda with a 451 big block. Works great and with 3.73 gears the car gets 20 mpg (if you can keep your foot out of it.) You may be lucky and your 3 speed bell housing may have both patterns to bolt in the 4 speed.He is a good guy and easy to deal with and has done many transmissions for us over the last 20 years.
When it comes to 4-5-6 speed OD, our theory was you will run out of road before 5 or 6th gear is needed.Just a thought.

with a 451 big block. Works great and with 3.73 gears the car gets 20 mpg (if you can keep your foot out of it.) You may be lucky and your 3 speed bell housing may have both pa

Like that will happen.

I have one in my 67 dart.
No differences in mounting than a stock 4 sp.
The 3-4 linkage is different then stock but comes with trans.
18 spline clutch is needed.

I run 4.30 gears and 28" tall tire. I cruise like 3.55s.

I debated the 5 speed and also the t56. I did not want to wait for the 5 speed and the t56 swap would of been a bit more $.

He will also build you a 23 spline if you want to use the clutch set up you have.

The Hemi Box,yes. His regular 833 Box OD has a 23 spline. That's what we used. Sorry I should have clarified better.

-
Back