Passon 5 Speed

-

srduster340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I just got the call from Jamie Passon about my 5 speed tranny. But I can't afford it now! Recently bought a house, bedroom set. I just wanna cry.

Shoot man, that sucks. On the flip side I'm sure you could sell it at a premium to someone who doesn't want to wait, might make some enemies that way though.

That would really be a bummer. Will he hold you a spot until you are ready? Do you know what number you were on his list? I've heard he's producing tranny's for those in the 30s on his list but it would be interesting to know.

Ya, debt for car parts isn't a good thing. Doesn't it seem to happen a lot in this hobby where you make a plan and wait and wait (or search and search)and then when you finally pursue another option the first immediately becomes available.....??? Will he hold you a spot for the future? I hear there are well over 400 folks wanting an A855 now so the next opportunity may be a while. I know you got in line back in early 2011 but do you know what list number you were? I got on the list not long after that and was already in the 180s.

Unfortunately I did not ask what number I was but he did say to give him a call when I was ready. I think I will find out what number I was. I'm very curious to know.

Maybe since he knows you were on the list early and then circumstances arose he will remember when you get in a position to order again. He knew the process would take a while and things could change during. That's why he just used a list instead of requiring payment. With the amount of folks waiting a few cancellations or postponements won't affect him for a long time.
If you find out your number let me know so I can gauge how long until the 180s!

I just put my name on his list at the Nats and Joe his father said right now it a 18 month wait.

I would love to trade spots but I don't think that would be viewed by others further down the list as very fair. Might cause an uprising!!

moparamarks, did you find out what number you are on the list? I think 18 months is a VERY optimistic timeframe considering the reports are that he has shipped about 30 units in the last 11 months and there are currently over 400 on the list. It would be good to know the list number for SRDUSTER340 to gauge where production really is. I spoke with a guy at a Houston car show the second week of September who thought he was number 26 but hadn't got the call yet. I know Jamie is building to different body styles as components are available so the production doesn't follow the list numbers exactly.

I asked but Jamie did not state what number I was. He "did" say when I'm ready, let him know I was on the list. Didn't think to ask if I could swap places in line with someone. I'm patient. It will come in time.

I asked but Jamie did not state what number I was. He "did" say when I'm ready, let him know I was on the list. Didn't think to ask if I could swap places in line with someone. I'm patient. It will come in time.

Pm sent

-
Back