Passon or Tremec TKO 5 speed gear box consideration.

-
In the other thread about the Passon 5 speed someone posted about future parts availability, to me that was the nail in the coffin at ever buying one. What are the chances of getting parts 10 years from now when they are having trouble producing them now, plus you are relying on a one man business to stay opened in order to have any hope of parts support in the future.
They should have sold the design 5 years ago and worked out a royalty deal with one of the larger transmission builders and they would have sold 1000's of them already.

Got an email from Jamie today. He says I'm looking at a 12-16 month wait. I am number 547 in line for an 855. I am trusting that I will get a solid product. Now to start working some overtime.

Almost a 3 year wait for me, but she’s a beauty!

B333BF04-58A6-4DC8-A7B1-DA2E72D58D62.jpeg

I got it last July. Yes, directly from Passon. I have not installed it yet. Hope to have my new engine and the 5-speed installed before summer.

Awesome. darndart, I bet you can't wait to bolt that in. My update is that this past August just before the Nats in Columbus, Ohio Passon called me and said it was my turn. Only about a 18 month wait. Unfortunately my wife has had to leave her job last February and is now unable to continue working. Serious back surgeries... Therefore I passed up my turn. Gotta take care of business. Maybe down the road I can get back on the list.

Gregor, sorry to hear your bad news. It will be great to have it installed. My car has 3.91 gears, so it’s horrible on the highway.

-
Back