Passon Performance 5-speed

-
I can't wait to see one in action someday.
They are pretty pricey, but you will definitely get what you pay for in this case.
Keep us posted, Jamie.

Laid eyes on the new 5-speed this past weekend at Indy. Great lookin'
gearbox. I think Jamie has knocked it out of the park for you
clutch guys and on top of that he is a very nice guy to talk to.

His booth was right behind our Indy Mopar Club table.

jamie, chris the fuel guy here, what I have is a original 70 road runner, with a factory 4-spd, bottom line is the wife said if I cut the car in anyway, she will cut me,if you know what I mean, hahahaha, by the way it's a slap-stick shifter, if need be, can I transfer the arm to it.... Thanks again chris the fuel guy

Jamie, 1 question will you ever try to come to MOPARS @ the strip in vegas, sure would be nice to talk to you first hand, or maybe spring fling on the west coast, I know it would be drive for you, But, i think you would be able to sell a few units I will be at both events, So just gave it some thought.... Thanks again Chris the fuel guy :salute::salute::salute:

Anybody got a recent update on the release of the Passon tranny. Last I knew he was waiting on production of a bearing and shifters from Hurst.

I talked to them at Carlisle, I'll load some pictures tomorrow. They have the case and most of the internals but are having trouble nailing down the deal on the rest. It's a good looking piece and when I win the lottery that will be top on my list..4295.00

I just talked to Jamie today and he is still waiting on shifters and bearings. Hurst is now telling him that the shifters should be redy in the next few weeks. Bearings are still an issue and he has begun looking for alternate sources. He doesn't want to give an expected release date as he has been let down by his providers too many times.

The wait continues......

I finally got them downloaded, here are two shots next to regular 833's

Attachments

• WP_000329 (2).jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,603
  • WP_000328 (2).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 1,519
Passon does have an overdrive gearset available for a standard A-833 case. That conversion changes the ratios around and makes 3rd 1:1 and 4th the overdrive. This gear set is around $1900 last time I looked. That's an option that I am leaning towards because its less than half the cost of his 5 speed and uses all the standard 4-speed parts just like a stock trans. And the ratios are adjusted to even out rpm drop between shifts.

I know thats not what you are asking about but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Does the passon performance over drive gear set come only in 18 spline, or can we get it in 23 spline?

Thanks for the photos. They're supposed to be about 80lbs lighter than the iron 833. Hope things come together on these soon.......

Big oops! That should be 40 not 80!!! Regular iron 4 spd is around 135 and I'm pretty sure one of the magazine articles said these were supposed to come in around 95

Maybe I'll trick my dad into buying one of these instead of paying for a semester's college tuition LOL!!

I just got off the phone with Jamie and he tells me they have just begun production. Thirty at a time. Backorders should be getting filled around the end of the year or first of next year. YeeHah!!

I also confirmed the weight. He says it will be 105 lbs. Not bad considering your adding a fifth gear!

Very cool. I'll wait and slowly save for one. I'll let all the "gotta have it first" guys work out all the bugs. Lol.

-
Back