Passon Performance 5-speed

-
That box looks like a serious option for my Dart..... I may have to consider selling the 833 I have for it, and pick this up..... 18 spline input shaft is a great option, and the 5th gear. I'm quite impressed from the pictures.

Jamie can provide the McLoed 18 spline clutch and throwout bearing to adapt it when you place your order.....

Man, that is one slick looking unit. Install it in your Mopar without hacking it up? Mopar nuts, we have reached the promised land!!

BTW, I have only bought small parts from Jamie, but he is a standup guy and great company. Real assert to the Mopar community.

I bought my 4-speed in my car from Jamie, and it's righteous. I expect only the best from Passon Performance and this is on the get-list.

Just got it yesterday. Quite a piece of work. Now, I've got to come up with some cash!

The bad news is that if you get on the list now you are probably still a year from receiving a transmission. The good news is that those who have received theirs are singing praises!

I'd wait a year for a 5-speed transmission. It gives me time to save some money. :D

Plus it gives the guys who got it first find any bugs that may need to be addressed.

Should be a damn nice trans in the end.

I'll probably end up putting myself on the list after a year or so when I start my career.

I'd wait a year for a 5-speed transmission. It gives me time to save some money.
icon_biggrin.gif

Plus it gives the guys who got it first find any bugs that may need to be addressed.

Should be a damn nice trans in the end.

That's my plan, wait for the first batch to go out and see how well they perform. I'll jump on the bandwagon once all the kinks are worked out.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

I'm almost certain there will be NO "kinks" to be worked out. Jamie took years to release this thing. He's done it all and made sure it was perfect before releasing it, hence why it took so long. Just my opinion...

Didn't one of the car magazines test one of these 5-speeds for over a year on a Duster/Demon big block? According to what I read, they broke a couple of rear ends, but that the transmission held up just fine. They had absolutely nothing that they complained about, and if they broke rear ends, I'm sure that they didn't baby it. I'm on the list for December, or thereabouts. Need to save for awhile too.

Gotta agree that there should be no kinks. One of the reasons it took a long time to be released is that the few "kinks" were discovered and corrected before Jamie would declare it ready for production. Look at the photo in the magazine of the car doing the testing. I believe you'll see Jamie at the wheel. I'm expecting it to be a bolt-in and go.

There is no way he can put the trans through every single situation. Just about every new product that comes out has some kind of little bug. Just the way it is.

I agree Jamie went nuts with making it as good as he possibly could. I'll wait before giving one a try.

There is no way he can put the trans through every single situation. Just about every new product that comes out has some kind of little bug. Just the way it is.

I agree Jamie went nuts with making it as good as he possibly could. I'll wait before giving one a try.

x2 - but hell, if it's perfect right out of the gate then even better!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

I guess that beings as they thrashed this transmission for over a year, I think that they probably got into almost all, if not all major situations. From drag strips to just driving in the California freeway traffic, or stopped traffic. But then again, no body is perfect, but it appears that Jamie tried.

If I remember correctly when talking to Jamie, Three cars have these 5 speeds in them for over three years. One of them is 800hp. I think he did his homework before he released them.

This is positively the coolest new mopar item to come about in quite some time , manual trans mopars just got a huge shot in the arm . That whole keissler set up looked like a frankenstein set up that was just wrong . Good job Jamie

I will have one of these....when available to the masses.

-
Back