Pay Pal fees hit an all time high.

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I was just paid by a member thru PP. Their fee? 5.5%. Only hurting themselves, Same reason I quit selling on E-bay, fees got out of hand!

Now that's just insane.

Theyre ******* scum! Ebay went from .25 per listing to 10%, there's no end to the madness.

Jake

i just got charged 2.98% on the last transaction from a sale on ebay. sold 02/05/19

350.00 sale
10.45 fee

when i sold those rings i had listed here i sent an invoice on 01/16/19 i got charged 3.4%

60.00 sale
2.04 fee

Last edited:
I have lots to sell soon....eBay has always been good but the fees suck....haven’t sold on there in over 4 years or so, think I’ll post them here and on FB sites instead when I’m ready.

facebook marketplace is good. no fees if you can deal with the psychos and no shows, lowballers, tire kickers, etc...

There is always an extra fee, 2.9% + $0.30 and the ebay fee's kill you.
There was 1 time I sold a part and it cost me 20%. If you figure it from what it sells for and what you actually get 16-18% less

I have lots to sell soon....eBay has always been good but the fees suck....haven’t sold on there in over 4 years or so, think I’ll post them here and on FB sites instead when I’m ready.
Same here. I've been a member on E bay since 1998. Over 1000 feedback. Haven't sold on there in about 4-5 years.

When using Paypal, list any item over the cost of what you really want for it. That way if a buyer wants an item & uses Paypal you still get your final price.

How? Was it international?

From paypal.com

Sales within the US 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction
Discounted rate for eligible charities 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction
International sales 4.4% transaction fee plus a fixed fee based on currency received
PayPal HereTM card reader 2.7% when you swipe a card or 3.5% plus $0.15 for manually entered transactions

Sending money -

Funded by a credit card, debit card or PayPal Credit. 2.9% of the amount funded this way, plus a fixed fee (from the table below) based on the currency of the transaction.

Sending money to other countries has some higher fees:

Credit Card Fees, Send Money Fees & Other Charges - PayPal US

Man I'm telling you, I"m sending it to Mount Dora Fl. I collected 26.00 and the PP fee was 1.44. You do the math.

Man I'm telling you, I"m sending it to Mount Dora Fl. I collected 26.00 and the PP fee was 1.44. You do the math.
Well, if you subtract the $0.30 transaction fee, the remaining $1.14 equals 4.4%. Maybe you should ask them about why you were charged the international rate instead of the US rate.

Some of the BIG Ebay sellers have stupid shipping rates. Feebay is way too many stupid prices, stupid sellers, stupid products, and YES every part fits and works for every friggin car! ha
I use paypal on most everything I buy, no fees, and pay it off at end of every month. Probably like debit cards the seller is figuring in their fees they pay!? ha
I try to never buy anything I don't need and will use, so I have to never sell anything!!

That's the nature of a corporation. To make a profit-there number one goal. The only way we don't get cheated is when there is competition from other companies.

Look on the bright side, if you have your own business, you pay a fee every time someone uses a credit card.
If they dispute the transaction, the credit card company refunds them, and you're stuck with no product, no money, and, IIRC, a $25 fee on top of that. (Scammers suck!)
2.9% for the convenience of not having to take a check (where, if the sender has NSF, you get charged $15 when the check bounces) - no big deal...figure it into your price.

i know the fees suck. but what else are you gonna do. wait for two people to come to my garage sale? i look at it as a cost of getting what i am selling nationwide.

Now that I think about it that happened to me, I sold a item to a guy in New York and got charged a international fee and when I called PP on it they told me the guy had a account from Canada and they had to charge me the international rate.

I bought a $20.00usd part. Shipping was $17.90 usd. Seller was charged a $2.00 fee. When I paid I got charged a conversion fee plus $2.99 plus $.30 transaction fee. This was paid goods and services. Kim

-
Back