PBS

-

pt70

Reaction score
Our local PBS station plays old classic movies on Saturdays. No commercials. Saw mad,mad,mad,mad world again. All star actors. Sid Caesar, Buddy Hacket, Peter Falk [colombo] just to name a few. Lots of Mopars. Just to hear Ethel Merman's soothing voice again made it all worthwhile.

After watching the movie, I wondered what was the fastest muscle car from the 60's and 70's [besides the 427 AC Cobra]. Most muscle cars ran 13's or 14's. The only one that was faster than most and street legal ,I think, was something I never heard of. A 1963 Ford Galaxie lightweight. 12.1 seconds. Fiberglass body parts. 427 8 barrel. Factory cheater slicks.

We never stop learning. Just stop remembering!

If you limit your search to what was the quickest/fastest in 1963 (the year of that movie), Culpepper's (Spencer Tracy) 63 Dart is near the top.

Our local PBS station plays old classic movies on Saturdays. No commercials. Saw mad,mad,mad,mad world again. All star actors. Sid Caesar, Buddy Hacket, Peter Falk [colombo] just to name a few. Lots of Mopars. Just to hear Ethel Merman's soothing voice again made it all worthwhile.
LOL......."I'm commin' mama". They don't make them like that anymore.....Hilarious.

-
Back