Pedal rod to Z bar question.

-
Top of the fingers to the disc while bolted down. This make sense ?
upload_2019-5-2_20-34-6.png

Here's my .310" plate.....

upload_2019-5-2_20-28-56.png

Yes I believe this is the issue. I don't have the resources to properly evaluate but without the pressure bolted up with disc the Bearing barely touches the fingers. My disk is about 5/16" thick about half of that is recessed in pressure plate. I can see that the wear pattern on bearing face shows fingers are riding out on about 1/8" of outer surface of the bearing so it IMO make it easy to slip off one finger if you are correct . If the fingers were down a little more they would ride closer to the center of the bearing .Some day when I unpack my spare flywheel I will bolt it together and check things out more closely but right now I'm moving forward with the new clutch package that's out for delivery today. Thanks everybody for your input . Love this site !

Well guys I found the culprit. The pivot bracket was bent back enough to mis-align the bearing on the PP fingers. I didn't notice it with the BB style PP but after installing the diaphragm plate I could see I was off about an 1/8" or so. I removed the pivot bracket and put in the vice and (yes caveman style) bent the bracket back twice to get it perfectly centered on the PP fingers. Pulled out the pedal spring but had to add a light spring down by the adjustment rod spring to give me my bearing free play. All working good now on jack stands. Will test after I button up a few non related items on car. Wish I had time to order a fork and bracket but all is good.

Got off the jack stands last night. Works awesome!! Got the pedal set down about an inch from brake pedal which I like . Slips nice into reverse as well as the forward gears.

-
Back