Pembina Dodge (Manitoba) Trunk Lid Emblem

Swinger340Canuc

72 Swinger 340 Special
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easy to tell if they used a pot metal emblem or sticker? Weren't all those old dealership emblems held in place with pins and clips? Just like the factory emblems on the car. If so there should be a sign of holes being drilled in the deck lid (if anyone has an original on there car)

I've had a few parts cars over the years that had dealership emblems that were held in place just like the factory emblems (I've never seen a crosstown or pembina one tho) was double sided tape even around in the early seventies?

Yeh Hemiorange the Dodge emblems on the hood and trunk lid were held on with two sided tape, you can see a bit of the black tape residue on this one which was original to my car. I believe they were the only ones.

Attachments

• Dodge emblems.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 208
  • Dodge emblem.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 215

67autocross

A new iron curtain drawn across the 49th parallel
Reaction score
I have watched for a while and have not run into any

AJ/FormS

68 Formua-S fastback clone 367/A833/GVod/3.55s
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
South-Central Manitoba,Canada, 900ftelevation
In fall of 1970, I bought (private sale)a used 70 Swinger 340/4-spd, Pink as that Charger. It was a Pembina-Dodge car. The strangest thing is, I cannot recall any sales badges on it at all.
11,000 miles on the clock, and $2400 smackers. I was 17. That was probably the sickest handling performance car I ever owned. I was nick-named Ditcher, and you don't need to be an Einstein to figure that one out! Passengers coughed up the cash for rides, and we sure had a lotta fun!

Last edited:

Ahoey

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Pembina Dodge or Pembina Chrysler trunk lid emblem for my 72 Dart Swinger 340 Special that was originally purchased from Pembina Dodge. Now I'm not sure if Pembina Dodge had the same kind of cast emblems (or even had such an emblem) that Crosstown Chrysler in Edmonton put on their cars in 72 but if any of the Manitoba members or anyone else ever seen such an emblem I'd be very interested to know and even more interest to get my hands on one. Thanks
Call them you never know maybe in the junk in the back room, but I’ll keep a look out.