PERFECT CAR ?

-
unnamed.jpg

66 charger, that color, those rims and caps, 440 4-speed

Mopar: Engine in the front, transmission in the middle, power out back. Pins me to the seat and doesn't cost me a fortune. If I had the $$$ it would be a '71 Challenger, since I don't its a '68 Dart
awesome awnse
No such thing as a 'perfect' car.

One reason some of us have more than one.......
what I mean is your perfect car the 70 charger red w/ black is my perfect car maybe I should word it different lol

The summer beater 1970 Chrysler 300 Convertible was a great car I could live with for a long time.

1972 dodge demon. I wanted a 72 demon since I first got into cars in my late teens. I found a really clean 72 demon slant six car in 2017, so someday it will look similar to this and be the car I always wanted. (Without the go wing)

727022_21573212_1972_Dodge_Demon-e1444254105527.jpg

Here is one that I was fortunate enough to own. Got it from the original owner in 2017 with 37,000 miles on it.

1969 Satellite 318, 727, 8 3/4 with 2.94 gears, black interior, added a 4 bbl, wheels and tires.

Yes was the perfect car for me. I am sure I will never find such a clean original ever again.

Glad I was able to experience it.

Resized_20190721_191121_2357.jpeg

I'm on a quest for 1 old mopar for every day of the week but have a thirst for a mix of a super stock scat pack 1320 car with a beefed up hellaphant motor!

Any early seventies Cuda hard top with a 426 hemi or a 440. In the early eighties when they were still fairly affordable I had no money. As my earnings gradually increased the cost of those cars rose at a much faster pace. At this point I’ve accepted the fact that barring a miracle I’ll never own one. I have my Duster and it’ll do.
My buddy has a hemi car for sale $35,000 not original but a very nice car.

1969 Coronet R/T trac-pack My first Mopar. 2nd 1971 Demon 340. 3rd 62 Polara conv. 4th 1958 Fury. I owned many more but these were special to me.

I have had just about all the A, B and E cars. I find things I love and things I dislike about every model. Favorite is probably a 70 AAR Cuda 4 speed with a 3:55 gear. Close second would be the plain jane 68-9 RR with yep 4 speed and 3:91 gear. Had a 67 Barracuda 383 4 speed I really liked. It had a 2:94 rear I hated, except for the trip from Ca to Mo where I bought it decades ago.

64 Sport Fury Convertible with a 383, 4 speed, PS, PB, AC, Red, Red and white interior.

My idea of the perfect car is what I have "in the now". What I have fun scheming about, working on, cussin at and driving.

One you can drive everyday rain or shine, commute, cruise , drag race it, not worry about rock chips, sun baking it, scuffs, yet is straight, rust free, clean, all there and shines! Perfect car only exists in a perfect world so you need multiple vehicles. It’s the only way it works!:lol:

^^^^In our car hobby each of us finds the fun factor where it is , for each. I want to have a straight (pretty much) rust free diver, I can drive and nt worry about. When I let someone else buy and enjoy it,I want may $$$ back out. I may not make a dime or my work, but...
I drive it and it never stays perfect even IF I had gotten it perfect! .Some people love the car show scene others love making a car perfect, and then and going to the next project. Some people love collecting some hoarding, some taking rusted out cars apart for parts and having a warehouse full, some drag racing,or other speed events. When we think about it, as a group we are very diversified!!!

-
Back