Performance Gauge readings

-

Bobacuda

Reaction score
I have searched this site, and the web, and I have yet to find any good information on the Mopar Performance Gauge readings. I would like to think it was more than just a “neat” gauge.

Is there a table or chart somewhere that interprets the Performance Gauge?

I have searched this site, and the web, and I have yet to find any good information on the Mopar Performance Gauge readings. I would like to think it was more than just a “neat” gauge.

There made by autometer. What info are you looking for?

Basically trying to find if it’s readings were meant to be more than an interesting artifact. Were they meant to be useful or interesting BS? Are they comparable to a vacuum gauge’s readings?

Let me see if I have this correct…. Just to be sure…

Your asking if MP’s racing gauges that are made by autometer, the leader in performance gauges is an actual performance gauge and not some dress up item like you would get at a Autozone isle? Like there stick on scoops.

Are you serious?

Are you talking the optional factory performance gauge?
Basically trying to find if it’s readings were meant to be more than an interesting artifact. Were they meant to be useful or interesting BS? Are they comparable to a vacuum gauge’s readings?

Your asking if MP’s racing gauges that are made by autometer, the leader in performance gauges is an actual performance gauge and not some dress up item like you would get at a Autozone isle? Like there stick on scoops.

Are you serious?

Let’s see, I have a car with nice looking, factory fake air intakes in the hood. Was Mopar serious?

Furthermore, all I was doing was asking if the factory Performance Gauge was a legit gauge with meaningful readings (and if so are they like any vacuum gauge), or is was it eye candy to enhance sales.

And to be totally honest, I really don’t care who made it as long as it appears, works and functions as designed - and I understand what that designed function is.

Let’s see, I have a car with nice looking, factory fake air intakes in the hood. Was Mopar serious?

Furthermore, all I was doing was asking if the factory Performance Gauge was a legit gauge with meaningful readings (and if so are they like any vacuum gauge), or is was it eye candy to enhance sales.

And to be totally honest, I really don’t care who made it as long as it appears, works and functions as designed - and I understand what that designed function is.

Some of the guys were just trying to find out what you are actually referring to, AKA "a set of performance gauges" or the factory vacuum gauge. Frankly, I always thought they were a fairly useless toy for everyday driving. "Keep your foot out of the gas" is what it boils down to. Vacuum gauges can be a good diagnostic tool, but I don't need one "every day."

Mastering the Basics--Reading A Vacuum Gauge | MOTOR

Quick Tech: How to Read a Vacuum Gauge to Pinpoint Engine Problems - OnAllCylinders

Vac Visual: Quick Guide to Vacuum Gauge Readings - OnAllCylinders

Are you serious?
Give @Bobacuda a break. He did not ask who made the gauge. Nor did he question why Mopar put it in the car. He was wondering exactly what it did and was assuming that Ma Mopar put it there for a reason.

They are very useful. My brothers 67 Barracuda came with a factory "performance gauge". They can instantly tell you if you have a problem, aid in tune ups, and most importantly help you get the most mpg when you are cruising on the highway. The higher the vacuum the more mpg you will get. All my personal cars get one.

I'm so lost on this one. Are we talking about a vacuum gauge, or like the 'performance pages' on the newer SRT vehicles, or....? I can't see vacuum readings = performance.

Man, you really threw a screwball to the masses with this question.......
upload_2022-5-2_12-45-48.jpeg

Here's what he's got in the center of his rally Dash......I think:)

-
Back