Perhaps I have nothing to worry about??

-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Seen multiple "news" sources talking about the medication Plaquenil as a possible treatment for the "virus". Hmmm...I have been taking it for at least 6 years now as a treatment for my pseudo gout. Between that and growing up in that toxic pit called "The Garden State" I should be good to go....lol....

Seen multiple "news" sources talking about the medication Plaquenil as a possible treatment for the "virus". Hmmm...I have been taking it for at least 6 years now as a treatment for my pseudo gout. Between that and growing up in that toxic pit called "The Garden State" I should be good to go....lol....
Just to make sure I think you should drink 4 to 5 ounces of your favorite alcoholic beverage daily!!:poke:

Plaquenil It’s for treatment of malaria. It only helps shorten the length of time you’re sick. Nothing else. If you do not take this as prescribed, this drug can be lethal.

Plaquenil It’s for treatment of malaria. It only helps shorten the length of time you’re sick. Nothing else. If you do not take this as prescribed, this drug can be lethal.

I am pretty sure growing up in Jersey I was exposed to things far more lethal than this virus lol....hell, I worked in a check printer for 8 or so years. Worked around lead dust/molten lead. Had lead poisoning at least a dozen times. I used to go off roading in this pit in southern Jersey. My now ex-wife was watching the news one night and called me to the TV...."hey look, we are on the news"....that segment of the news was about how this pit was an illegal nuclear dump site....that had "dangerously" high levels of various different types of radiation....

Plaquenil....has many "off label" or whatever they are called uses. Friend had Lupus...she was on it. Ernie was taking it to treat her psoriatic arthritis. Friends wife take it to help with her RA. Also works to slow the spread of pseudo gout.

Any drug can be lethal if not taken as prescribed. Like I said, I have been on it for at least 6 years now with no adverse side effects. The only side effect that I am concerned with is the visual one. I have spoken with multiple different Ophthalmologists since I have started taking it. The dose I am on, 400mg daily, is based on my weight.....have been told by all of them that the chance of me developing any sight issues is very slim....almost non-existent. Woman I am seeing now has only had one patient in close to 20 years develop a problem from it. When the woman was initially prescribed it she was morbidly obese. She had bypass surgery and lost over 200 pounds...and never had the dosage adjusted.

And you’ll continue to be fine if you take your meds as prescribed.
The way you worded “Any drug can be lethal if not taken as prescribed.” is true but also seems to dismiss or lighten the possible deadly outcome.

Continued good health to you.

Good article find there!

Perhaps there is some hope in relief of this Insidious virus.

I am pretty sure growing up in Jersey I was exposed to things far more lethal than this virus lol....
There was a place in the hills near where I grew up that we'd ride our bikes to...we called it 'the tar pits'...cars sunk down to the door handles, freezers half way down, etc.
A few years later, we find out they renamed it to a SuperFund site called the McColl Dump Site (petroleum companies had dumped by products from making jet fuel there in the 40s/50s).
It was across the street from "Motorcycle Hill" that was, at that time, owned by Union 76, I think? An oil field, where everyone went to ride motorcycles (extra-legally)
Now, the tar pits/McColl dump site is called Ralph B Clark park: Orange County, California - Ralph B. Clark Regional Park

BTW, if you ever wondered if you're near a superfund site... How Close Are You to a Superfund Site? | National Geographic

-
Back