Pic request: your Edelbrock RPM Airgap all set up

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
Hey guys.
I'm hoping someone has a pic on hand and wouldn't mind sharing.
I'm sorting out two things and reference pics are a bit hard to come by so far.

First, the bolt for the spring anchor bracket for the throttle return/kickdown linkage springs seems way too close to the carburetor. I realize that I may need to fabricate (or buy) a new bracket (or maybe some shorter springs) but I'd appreciate seeing how you guys have done this!

Second, it looks like I may need to drill/tap the existing 1/8 NPT port in order to connect the heater hose...but I REALLY don't want to do that, especially with the manifold already on the engine. I'm wondering/hoping you guys might have a different solution.

Thanks in advance!

Here are some pics of my 72 340. You can see the throttle return spring bracket and the heater hose connector. In the pics it has the 2 barrel throttle bracket that I had to change to a 4barrel bracket.
IMG_0921.JPG
IMG_0922.JPG

There are factory throttle return brackets that utilize the front two mounting bolts on the intake. The mounting location for the spring is then right in the middle of the two holes. That's the style of bracket I used. The only thing I had to do was bend the bracket more vertical. It was designed for a 2-barrel and was angled to the inside more.
DSC03706.jpg

Here's my 5.9. I reused my early solid throttle pressure linkage., but have the throttle return spring on the bracket. I just used some thick alled steel pipe to raise the throttle cable bracket.

IMG_20200209_140155.jpg

You shouldn't need to retap for the heater hose. There should be a tapped hole on the drivers side of the thermostat water neck for the heater hose. The passenger side is for the temperature sensor.

You shouldn't need to retap for the heater hose. There should be a tapped hole on the drivers side of the thermostat water neck for the heater hose. The passenger side is for the temperature sensor.
There are three tapped holes on the front of the intake. Two on the PS and one on the DS. You can utilize any of them you want for your specific application. I put a pipe plug in the DS one and used the two on the PS. One is a small hole for the factory temp sender. The other is larger. I used that for the heater hose.

There are three tapped holes on the front of the intake. Two on the PS and one on the DS. You can utilize any of them you want for your specific application. I put a pipe plug in the DS one and used the two on the PS. One is a small hole for the factory temp sender. The other is larger. I used that for the heater hose.

That's what I did as well. Did you end up drilling and tapping it for 3/8npt?

I didn't have to drill and retap anything. The brass fittings I used came with the intake and fit the factory holes.

I'm pretty sure both heater hoses on my 68 are the same size. I know the factory changed to two different sized hoses at some point. If that's the case, then there are reducer fittings available. My 73 Challenger came with a reducer fitting from the factory.

There are factory throttle return brackets that utilize the front two mounting bolts on the intake. The mounting location for the spring is then right in the middle of the two holes. That's the style of bracket I used. The only thing I had to do was bend the bracket more vertical. It was designed for a 2-barrel and was angled to the inside more.
View attachment 1715891378
Very nice! Whose headers are those?

Here's a couple close shots. I have the heater hose ports plugged to eliminate the hoses. I like a "clean" engine bay. The temp sender is the purple wire under the fuel hose.

IMG_2018.JPG

IMG_2019.JPG

-
Back