Picked this up at the thrift store today....

-

Optik

Reaction score
Good old Avon Wild Country. Never seen this before so I couldn't pass it up for $5.00...

Attachments

• image-1516609496.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 486
  • image-2399312055.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 478
I'm kind of an aftershave nerd & Avon Wild Country splash is a great scent. They no longer make it, they only make a balm, which I'm not a big fan of. Nice find

I'm kind of an aftershave nerd & Avon Wild Country splash is a great scent. They no longer make it, they only make a balm, which I'm not a big fan of. Nice find

Believe me there is still PLENTY of Wild Country out there. Imagine how many fathers over the years hit the Wild Country trifecta -- birthday, Christmas, AND Fathers Day LOL! I see this stuff at just about every thrift shop, flea market and yard sale I go to, but the Superbird bottle is a new one on me. I have seen a first gen Mustang bottle though I'm not a Ford guy so I passed on it.

I have one that needs the wing, I use it
Great find in the box and all there Optik :cheers:

Attachments

• fabo help member 031.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 392
I have one that needs the wing, I use it
Great find in the box and all there Optik :cheers:

Thanks!! Needless to say when I opened the box to see it in perfect shape I was stoked. I also have an Avon "Super Shoe" (liquid hair trainer!) that is also NIB that I got via a white-elephant gift exchange.

As a kid growing up in the 70's and 80's it seemed like Avon was everywhere in our bathroom (along with the tri-tone blue deep shag carpet). I know this isn't necessarily a very manly topic up front, but for me the Avon name brings back fond memories of my dad and his mutton chops and waxed handlebar mustache, so much so that I can almost smell the Sterling right now. I distinctly remember presenting him on three different Christmases with the grand gift of the little beard-and-mustache kit in the leather-look zipper case and marveling at the tiny mustache brush held neatly in place by its small elastic band. Different times.

Attachments

• image-3232875882.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 353
This was in my Dads cabinet...probably becasue he never used it after I bought it for him out of the catalog with my moms help...poor Dad...
hai_karate.jpg

Avon Wild Country splash is a great scent. They no longer make it...

Really? I'll have to remember that. Sarah bought me a bottle of Wild Country cologne a year or so ago off a co-worker selling Avon. Never been a cologne person - especially combined with the sweat and grease of working on cars - but I'd wear it for her when we'd go out.

Here's mine... I have had this for 20+ years. Still looks awesome.

aint no thang but a chicken wing on a string...

Attachments

• IMG_0170.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 297
lol aftershave nerd!:D:finga:

-
Back