picked up 69 valiant today

-

74slnt6

Reaction score
Got this today from west salem ohio (near dragway 42) had been posted for sale locally for a while and went to take a look yesterday. Didnt have much faith but it turned out to be a pretty decent car. 69 valiant 100 with a 225. southern car, sold in alabama and spent some time in florida ( '78 florida inspection stickers on windshield ) clearly not driven in ohio winters for any extended amount of time. few light rust holes in quarter panels, very solid frame rails. cowl leaks and front floor pans are trashed. Two tone paint, 13" wheels with full hubcaps, a/c car, AM/FM thumbwheel radio ( still works somehow ). Manual steering also which i like. previous owner had Carb, radiator, and a/c lines off. All were leaking pretty bad. Has been sitting for a while and needs all the brakes gone through or more than likely upgraded to discs. suspension needs some work too. front bench has been picked away down to the springs to make rat nests. Grille is in pretty decent shape, and from what i can tell everything works except one backup bulb. Pretty happy with it. Should be a fun car. No paint or body work ( looks awesome in person if you dig the whole petina thing ). Just gonna wash the moss off it and probably a set of 14s or 15s with dog dishes. Not a fan of the 13 hubcaps. ive got a set of highback 74 buckets to replace whats left of the bench, do a quick patch of the floor and get it operational until i get bored with the stock 225. Been looking into a turbo slant build a little. which would be cool, but theres really no way to go wrong with a big block swapped a-body either. Makes for a cool sleeper
IMG_2128.JPG
IMG_2129.JPG
IMG_2133.JPG
IMG_2134.JPG
IMG_2135.JPG
IMG_2136.JPG
IMG_2138.JPG
IMG_2140.JPG
IMG_2142.JPG

Very cool! I do love the 4-doors.

Awesome to see one with two tone paint.

I wasnt a big fan of four door a bodies, but this one is growing on me pretty fast. The two tone is pretty cool, Im especially glad the color break trim pieces are still there. Dont know if theres many of those floating around

They used the same trim for vinyl top cars, so if you need to find any in the future, keep that in mind.

Nice :) I have a completely rebuilt 360 I'll sell you. 9 to 1 compression, Air cleaner to oil pan. Best part is it looks like I'm just up the road from you. That will push it right down the road for sure. Let me know

IMG_20171230_161626690.jpg

IMG_20171231_174544983.jpg

IMG_20171231_174618603.jpg

Last edited:
I would very much like to own this car. Will be a cool one. Good luck!

Nice score

If you ever decide to go with a different grille let me know, I need a set of those parking lights for my duster

Did the four doors come from the factory with 13" wheels?
Yes.
My '69 Valiant Signet 4 door had them as well as my '69 Valiant 100 2 door post. Both slant 6 cars to boot.
This one looks to be a Valiant 200, it has the same trim as my parts car which is a '69 Valiant 200 4 door slant 6 car as well.
First thing i did was dump the 13s and put on 14s on both and used the 13s for rollers.........

Good lookin' project you have there 74slnt6, BTW!

Wow! That is a small wheel for that car. Learn something new every day. Nowaday's it would come with 20's... :lol: LOL

Nice :) I have a completely rebuilt 360 I'll sell you. 9 to 1 compression, Air cleaner to oil pan. Best part is it looks like I'm just up the road from you. That will push it right down the road for sure. Let me know

not a bad idea, but might exceed my 500 dollar get back on the road budget lol. Im also actually more in the middlebranch area, even closer. small world for sure!

Yea it might break your budget. But that's cool you live close. You'll have to bring it the the Maize Valley Winery car shows when they start back up on Thursdays. They're on 619 just out of Hartville. They get a lot of cars. They have good food, beer and wine. It's a great time. Can't wait for the good weather. Hope to see it!

Nice 4 Door, I feel they are under appreciated. I have a 4 door '68 Valiant myself and I hope as the classic car market continues to be picked clean of usable pony cars people will start to value 4 doors more lol please keep us in the loop with all the work you do, I'd love to see where this project goes :)

Cheers!

IMG_20180317_124745.jpg

-
Back