Picked up a 1970 Dodge Dart Swinger today!

-

Hemiorangeswinger

Dodge Material
Reaction score
I finally found one of the diecast highway 61 1970 Dodge darts. I picked it up locally. It's really cool and detailed. I think I'm going to pick up a nice display case for it and take it out of the box and put it on the fireplace mantle (I'll keep the box set aside)

null_zpsa4723428.jpg

null_zps2429bbe4.jpg

Haha it will be the main focal point of the house!

null_zpsb8322e20.jpg

I just got a frame for my pic and have to hang it up as well.

Haha! I'm proud to say I actually never grew up! :D my toys just got slightly bigger. It's hard not tearing it out if it's packaging.. I'd like to find another one of these and completely disassemble it and make it exactly like my car, they're actually pretty hard to find tho.

Thanks for the link! I'll buy a set of those.. I can see myself losing the hood pins without them. It came with four extra hood pins and the chrome bases, which is good. Now I want to get all the other colour darts! How many of these did they make?

I have that one!! Great model. Mine even has hood pin lanyards. Have them on my Highway 61 Challengers too.

If you're interested you can get them here. Not my site.

http://www.diecastdeluxe.com/index1.html

Steve

That's me. :blob:

As I'm handicapped and cannot get out, I'm kind of restricted on where I can ship to. If it's just lanyards, I should be able to send them in a regular envelope like a letter to Canada. But they don't allow anything thick like cardstock inside since the new postal regulations have taken effect. Also, if it's shipped as a letter, the customs things can be avoided. If the shopping cart won't work, contact me via PM

Attachments

• 65540_170474656433987_1736224452_n.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,045
Nice Randy! Diecastdeluxe's products are nice, I need to find a couple of the Highway 61 cars to display.

That looks very cool.

They make some nice stuff.

I have the 67 R/T and GTX.

They even have different options based on what color combo you get.

The R/T is Hemi, 4 speed, dual mirrors, radio delete (block off plate and no antenna), and Dana axle....also has open headers!

GTX is 440, auto on the column, buckets without console, Driver's mirror only, radio with antenna, and 8 3/4 axle.

very nice diecast! i wish highway 61 had done a demon. that would have been awesome!

I wish highway 61 made more A-bodies! I want to get the barracuda next. I heard they aren't making 1:18 scale anymore. There are a lot of details like the vent windows swing open, sunvisers swing down, front seats fold forward, seatbelts, carpet, the driveshaft turns and has working suspension and steering.

Beautiful; if you were the same scale it looks as though you could get into it, fire up the 340 and burn some plastic off the back tires. Nice purchase.

My GF bought me a green one today! I know this one is extremely hard to find and a member here PM'd me a couple days ago wondering where he could find this particular one, I'm not sure if I want to part with it tho! I've only seen the 440 one with cragers in this colour combo from highway 61. I'd like to get every colour combo of these and put them in a big display case since I can't afford to have all the real ones :D
null_zpsba0d841b.jpg

Nice one.

Keep an eye out for the Canadian 71 Swinger 340 in Citron Yella. Great looking car and they seem to have gotten the differences right.

Steve

I finally found one of the diecast highway 61 1970 Dodge darts. I picked it up locally. It's really cool and detailed. I think I'm going to pick up a nice display case for it and take it out of the box and put it on the fireplace mantle (I'll keep the box set aside)

null_zpsa4723428.jpg

null_zps2429bbe4.jpg

I collect 1/18 die cast and never seen that one, or heard of highway 61 models. How much coin was the dart? Any chance of picking another one up ? Id gladly pay for one of these plus shipping.

Please PM me about this
Thanks
Matt

I have the lime colored one...anybody ever notice though how the car has 1969 seats and GTS door panels????

All the other details are awesome and I like mine a lot :glasses7:

I collect 1/18 die cast and never seen that one, or heard of highway 61 models. How much coin was the dart? Any chance of picking another one up ? Id gladly pay for one of these plus shipping.

Please PM me about this
Thanks
Matt

There are several available on eBay right now.

Dustdevl340 Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for the 71!

Moparmat2000 if I come across another one I will let you know. I paid $100 a piece for mine... They vary a lot and they seem to go on eBay for a lot more. I'm in search for the panther pink, plum crazy, dark metallic green and lemon twist ones to fill up my display case.

66340SEDAN yeah I noticed that too! I guess they didn't wanna change the tooling to make the 1970 dart 100% authentic since the 68 and 69 ones were made first.

They have a home now! Now there is four more spots to fill...
null_zps8d434e5a.jpg

Geeze man, one car turn turned into an addiction !! ... nice collection you have going !

-
Back