Picked up an Element Fire Extinguisher

-

66fyssh

Don't Stop Believin'
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I wanted to start carrying a fire extinguisher and after researching decided on an Element 50. It has 50 seconds of fire fighting protection whereas a 5 lb bottle might have 15 seconds. Can't believe how small it is! Hopefully I'll never need to use it. Jay Leno even did a video on it.

Element E50

IMG_20200424_212756.jpg

I went straight to the company and ordered it. It's made in Italy but shipped from Ontario.

Element E50

The 50 second one is $79.95 + plus shipping. Worth it to me for the time and size. It's a one and done though!

I purchased two of the Element fire extinguishers. One to carry in the 83 D150 and one for the 68 Barracuda.
They each come with one plastic mount, I purchased a second plastic mount for each, was like $2.00 and I will attach a pair of the plastic mounts to a strip of aluminum then mount the Element is a handy location in each vehicle. Since it is a spark initiated action, I believe the Element needs to be stored in a dry location.
I put one of the Element fire extinguishers on my digital scale. They are really light, 7.5 ounces.

Below is a video that gives a discount code. I found this video after I made my purchase so I don't know if the discount code works, but should be worth a try.

Element Fire Extinguisher.jpg

I also bought the extra mount, but ended up laying the extinguisher on top of a rag in my 66 Barracuda center console. Fits perfectly.

I wanted to start carrying a fire extinguisher and after researching decided on an Element 50. It has 50 seconds of fire fighting protection whereas a 5 lb bottle might have 15 seconds. Can't believe how small it is! Hopefully I'll never need to use it. Jay Leno even did a video on it.

Element E50

View attachment 1715515679

That’s awesome. I’ll have to get 1. Kim

-
Back