{{{ picked up the new 408 bullet for the valiant yesterday }}}

-

rickstershemi

It's True....I'm Nutz
Reaction score
She's Home
boogie.gif
Gonna sit for awhile finishing the car, but super stoked...!!!!!!

Threw a couple of spare 600 Holley's on it for the pics....it will get Edelbrock 600's but I had to put one on the boy's truck...it liked it....now to get another...
hammer.gif

DSC07266.jpg

DSC07267.jpg

Wanted to go smooth cast on the valve covers, but couldn't find any, so ordered a fabbed set and actually very impressed with the quality and look
wink.gif

DSC07268.jpg

DSC07271.jpg

DSC07269.jpg

The trans has been sitting here waiting...
rant.gif

DSC07272.jpg

Now too just gather up the funds to finish
rant.gif

Big shout out to my many friends whom have either donated parts or offered knowledge...many many thanks...
thumbs.gif
thumbs.gif
thumbs.gif

"MIKE THOMPSON RACING ENGINES" out of Naples, FL......HIGHLY RECOMMENDED....!!!!!!!!
Rickster

Thats cool man! What are the specs on the engine? What kind of shifter is that on the tranny?

Thats cool man! What are the specs on the engine? What kind of shifter is that on the tranny?

Thanks

360LA/408

Scat Cast Crank, Scat Forged I-Beam Rods, KB Icon Forged Flat Top Pistons @ Zero Deck 10.5-1 comp.

Ported J-Heads 2.02/1.60 new back-cut stainless valves, PRW 1.5 Roller Rockers (major PITA) but got them to work.

Erson: Advertised 312/320.....248/256 @ .050 503/517 Lift (110*) Hyd Flat Tappet.

Weiand Tunnel Ram w/600 Edelbock AFB's

Shifter is Hurst Ramrod / V-Gate

Rickster

Oil filter adapter facing the wrong way? Or are you going to run fenderwell headers?

Nice engine!

Wylde1.

Oil filter adapter facing the wrong way? Or are you going to run fenderwell headers?

Nice engine!

Wylde1.

LOL it's just there for prime and storage.....tucked it in so it wouldn't get snagged.....gonna run a remote system in the car.

Rickster

That looks really good! lol

And people look at me funny when I tell them I painted my engine black!

I would like to know what is around the oil pan to help seal it? I don't think you'll ever have to worry about it leaking. I needed something like that when I did mine. I still have a slow leak somewhere on the back of the motor. Not good... oh well..

Thanks

360LA/408

Scat Cast Crank, Scat Forged I-Beam Rods, KB Icon Forged Flat Top Pistons @ Zero Deck 10.5-1 comp.

Ported J-Heads 2.02/1.60 new back-cut stainless valves, PRW 1.5 Roller Rockers (major PITA) but got them to work.

Erson: Advertised 312/320.....248/256 @ .050 503/517 Lift (110*) Hyd Flat Tappet.

Weiand Tunnel Ram w/600 Edelbock AFB's

Shifter is Hurst Ramrod / V-Gate

Rickster

Can you please tell me about your experiences with the PRW roller rockers? What problems did you run into?

I have a set as well that I would like to use on my 318. I already needed to buy a shim kit from hughes engines to shim them properly...But I have put it off for the last month. I am not done. LOL

What pushrods did you use??

That looks really good! lol

And people look at me funny when I tell them I painted my engine black!

I would like to know what is around the oil pan to help seal it? I don't think you'll ever have to worry about it leaking. I needed something like that when I did mine. I still have a slow leak somewhere on the back of the motor. Not good... oh well..

Not sure what Mike uses...????? The sealer on the intake is awesome also, again...???? Will say that not one of his bullets has ever leaked :-D

Taped off the pan and freeze plugs today and did some paint touchup :-D

Rickster

Can you please tell me about your experiences with the PRW roller rockers? What problems did you run into?

I have a set as well that I would like to use on my 318. I already needed to buy a shim kit from hughes engines to shim them properly...But I have put it off for the last month. I am not done. LOL

What pushrods did you use??

Had to cut them back a ton on the Bridgeport to clear the springs......on a stock single spring they would probably be fine, but we had to cut them and at that they barely made it.....Mike say's they'll be fine, so not worried.

One shaft came with the tie down hole diameters too small (your not going to drill them either) but I'll give PRW props for sending a replacement out ASAP on my first call and all was well.

(In PRW's defense they do claim these rockers will not fit on TA/AAR motors....I'm assuming due to the double spring diameter)

I got these second hand (never mounted) and for PRW to step up to the plate was commendable....but my budget rockers turned into a premium price real quick.....the old saying is true: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR 8)

Initially we ordered a stock length set of Comp 5/16 pushrods, but soon realized they wouldn't work......ended up with custom length Smith Brothers 5/16 heavy wall.....cha-ching $$$$$$

Rickster

Had to cut them back a ton on the Bridgeport to clear the springs......on a stock single spring they would probably be fine, but we had to cut them and at that they barely made it.....Mike say's they'll be fine, so not worried.

One shaft came with the tie down hole diameters too small (your not going to drill them either) but I'll give PRW props for sending a replacement out ASAP on my first call and all was well.

(In PRW's defense they do claim these rockers will not fit on TA/AAR motors....I'm assuming due to the double spring diameter)

I got these second hand (never mounted) and for PRW to step up to the plate was commendable....but my budget rockers turned into a premium price real quick.....the old saying is true: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR 8)

Initially we ordered a stock length set of Comp 5/16 pushrods, but soon realized they wouldn't work......ended up with custom length Smith Brothers 5/16 heavy wall.....cha-ching $$$$$$

Rickster

OK. I ran into the same thing...They wouldn't clear the springs on my 360 J heads. So because my heads were already not too great, I went with a set of RHS heads from Brian. Of course with the beehive springs, they cleared perfectly.

I also bought mine from a member on this site, (unused) but no hold downs were included, so PRW sent me a set of billet steel units with bolts for free, even though I didn't buy direct from PRW, they sent them anyway, which was cool.

I will also have to use custom length pushrods. They do seem like a nice rocker once all set up properly...

-
Back