Picking the right stall ??

-

Mattmoto441

Reaction score
I have my trans out getting a rebuild and I'm thinking I might need to do a different tq converter its a 904 trans and I currently have a ger converter that's 20+ years old and think its a 3000/3500??

But with the trans having issues and needing rebuild i think i need a new tq converter. The car is gonna see street duty might go to the track 1 time a year maybe. It currently has 4.56 gears but I plan to swap them out for a 3.73 or 3.91 . Engine is a 340 with a comp xe284
20210717_171504.jpg
20210717_170031.jpg

I have my trans out getting a rebuild and I'm thinking I might need to do a different tq converter its a 904 trans and I currently have a ger converter that's 20+ years old and think its a 3000/3500??

But with the trans having issues and needing rebuild i think i need a new tq converter. The car is gonna see street duty might go to the track 1 time a year maybe. It currently has 4.56 gears but I plan to swap them out for a 3.73 or 3.91 . Engine is a 340 with a comp xe284 View attachment 1715766903 View attachment 1715766904
I would call Dynamic Converter
They built one for my 340/904
I absolutely love it!
They will ask you a bunch of questions
About your set up to build you the perfect converter for your application.

I would want something for that to flash to 3500-4200. As mentioned, call someone and get a custom one built.

I would call Dynamic Converter
They built one for my 340/904
I absolutely love it!
They will ask you a bunch of questions
About your set up to build you the perfect converter for your application.
Put in my order today . Hopefully it all works out well . 9.5 3800 is what he recommended

Put in my order today . Hopefully it all works out well . 9.5 3800 is what he recommended
Perfect!
Mine is a 9 1/2" 3500
That makes sense to because I have a
Xe 268h smaller cam then yours.
You will love it!

My car has a 262 cam and Dynamic spec a 9.5 inch 2800 stall converter on my 904. With the low gear set and the 3.55 in the Detroit Locker it revs so quick and it has a Hemi governor so it shifts at 5400 rpm when left in drive. It's fun!!

A krispy kreme glazed donut would have been a better converter than the ger i had. You will be pleased with any replacement !
Lol I honestly didn't think it was so bad . Maybe I don't know what I'm missing

Lol I honestly didn't think it was so bad . Maybe I don't know what I'm missing
They must have made a couple or three decent converters, but mine sure wasnt.
I ordered a 3000 ten inch for my A12 car from ger. It stalled 4300 behind a stone stock 440, and was so sloppy, i could drive down the road, hold the throttle at 3000, and put it in first, second or third, and neither the rpm, nor speed would change.
I swapped in a stock 340 converter, made a world of difference! The ger was the single WORST high-performance part i have ever bought.
Current converter technology is lightyears better than the ger days.

Last edited:
Matt, Precision Of New Hampton in Iowa is also a good spot to go to. They are great people and have a lot of experience building all types of converters. We just got one done for a T-350 and I had them do one for a 340 Challenger.

Last edited:

Cool. Glad you didn't get skeered and went for it. Too many people freeze up and put a dumbass 2500 in thinking they have something, when that's a stock converter for a Chrysler product......and you cannot tell those type people anything....they know it all. You'll be a happy camper.

That is a wise choice. You will love it. Like Rusty said most people are scared to put in a higher stall converter but I makes all the difference and the new ones are not like how the old stuff was built.

-
Back