Pics of 1971 Dusters with side stripes and vinyl top?

-

rmchrgr

Skate And Destroy
Reaction score
Did '71 Dusters with full vinyl tops ever come with full-length longitudinal side stripes? Mine has stick on belt-line molding that is coming off in a few spots. (see below)
IMG_1439.jpg

If I remove it, there's a lot of orange with nothing to break it up. I'm thinking the thin side stripes would look cool and actually very similar to the molding. Not a huge fan of the heavy, swoopy stripes that follow the top body lines like the 340 or Twister style, I prefer the full-length double stripes. Of course I know "it's my car, I can do what I want" but I like to consider all the angles.

I searched and searched but was unsuccessful at finding that particular arrangement, seems like most vinyl top cars did get the swoopy stripes so I'm thinking what I want was not an option. It makes sense - my car is an original 318 base model so nothing special, no 340 or even a Twister package.

Also, at some point in the near future I'm going to have a fiberglass hood that I'd likely paint "organosol" style black which will change the whole look of the car.

So based on that, does anyone have a pic or two of a full vinyl top Duster with the full-length double stripe? Thanks!

I think the stripe down the side, like pictured above in black would look great on your Duster

-
Back