pics to help with glass removal

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was/am trying to remove tinted glass from a cuda door, and I know how much a pain in the *** it can be, so I thought I would post some pics that might help someone. 2 screws were being a pain, so I cut away the steel that was getting in the way(door was too rotted anyway). These are obviously not the only steps to remove glass, but the pics might help.
There is a tiny hole that is just back a bit from your vent window and partway down, and it may have a plastic plug in it. That hole is for you to put a 3/16" allen key in to remove the screw. That hole can be not so fun hunting for and if its rusted your gonna be cursing for sure!! The screw holds I believe part of the window regulator to part of the vent window frame. The other one is a phillips screw that you can only access by reaching up into the door. A short handled screw driver might get it, but on another door I used a phillips bit, socket and 1/4 drive ratchet.....a real pain to say the least. It holds a clamp down to the vent frame that holds the vent glass itself in place. Once its out and the screw that goes right thru the glass is out, then the vent can come out.

Sorry for the longwinded blathering, but I hope this helps someone out. I have more pics of the inside linkages etc. If someone needs them I can send them to you.

Attachments

• DSCF4222 (Medium).jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 416
  • DSCF4227 (Medium).jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 456
thank u but the problem im having is on the bottom of the part that is the window track theres a big piece on the end for mounting to the bottom of the door. it has to be put the the mounting hole at an angle and or lol

This thread was very helpful for me. The screw and nut were missing on my wing vent causing the frame to rock. Here is a picture of the “nut” that secures the wing vent to the door. The screw is a 1/4 -20 socket head cap screw.

5B83C4E8-5E28-4B38-AAAE-989127B5E7DB.jpeg

-
Back