Pictures of Bouchillon with two barrel carb

-

hotrod swinger

Reaction score
I'm looking for pictures from anybody who has attached the Bouchillon kickdown cable kit and accelerator cable to a two barrel carb.

I'll eventually be using a Bendix Stromberg WW3 and I currently have a Carter BBD.

Just looking for ideas.

Thanks!

Okay from the pivot point on the throttle shaft I'm assuming the throttle linkage hooks to the top of that? Now on the arm attached to the throttle shaft on the bottom of that, where it will pull away from the firewall, do you have a place to mount the stud for the cable mount stud?

Picture may help,never done this

green ww.jpg

Thats a bendix stromberg ww. 3 do not know. the green line is shaft were throttle connect inside and kick down outside. Distance between red shaft and yellow dot at bottom too short.

Thats a bendix stromberg ww. 3 do not know. the green line is shaft were throttle connect inside and kick down outside. Distance between red shaft and yellow dot at bottom too short.
As long as he can get full pull, it ought to work

Ok 1.020 that way to bottom. original 1.200 .extend flat steel weld drill hole at about 1. 2500, be just about right. Stupid question, why not use orignal shaft point to pull with. Run cable forward in front of carb and loop back to rear of tranny. Would a change of direction be necessary?

add .200.jpg

Ok 1.020 that way to bottom. original 1.200 .extend flat steel weld drill hole at about 1. 2500, be just about right. Stupid question, why not use orignal shaft point to pull with. Run cable forward in front of carb and loop back to rear of tranny. Would a change of direction be necessary?

View attachment 1716040439
Hmm, makes sense? OP still here? Lol

I’d like to have the cables parallel to one another Bouchillom has great pics and instructions for 4 barrels, the only 2 barrel example they have is the middle carb on a six pack set up.

Back in the day the trany levers would get lost,mixed up,mostly at the rebuilders shop. If you do not look close they look all the same. Small difference can make a problem. Most directions say all the way back at full throttle for kick down.Good place to start but can not leave it there. Late up shifts or lift foot only shifts etc, Also at idle if throttle presure does not drop enough no down shift to first gear. Lokar kickdown linkage issues

-
Back