Pilot bushing help.

-
Like most of the clutch components, it only wears while the clutch is disengaged and the motor running. If you keep your damm foot of the clutch pedal while driving, don't slip the clutch any more than absolutely necessary the clutch components will last a lot longer.

I bought one from brewers a few years ago to use in my mag conversion in my truck.
I have had no issues with it.

Like most of the clutch components, it only wears while the clutch is disengaged and the motor running. Keep your damm foot of the clutch pedal while driving and don't slip the clutch any more than absolutely necessary.
Seems to me that input shaft is spinning in the bushing pretty much all the time unless the clutch is pushed in. I might be having a brain fart. If your moving, the input shaft is turning.....

Seems to me that input shaft is spinning in the bushing pretty much all the time unless the clutch is pushed in. I might be having a brain fart. If your moving, the input shaft is turning.....

Mike, think of the bushing being in the crank, crank and flywheel spinning with the input shaft being held and spun by the clutch disc splines. When the clutch is disengaged, the clutch disc and input shaft are no longer held by the pressure plate force against the flywheel. That's when the input shaft spins on the bushing or bearing.

Mike, think of the bushing being in the crank, crank and flywheel spinning with the input shaft being held and spun by the clutch disc splines. When the clutch is disengaged, the clutch disc and input shaft are no longer held by the pressure plate force against the flywheel. That's when the input shaft spins on the bushing or bearing.
Like I said......brain fart. Thanks!

Update is ....you can no longer buy the bushing type for aftermarket cranks. Talked to a guy today at Wrenchmonkey.com who seemed to know what he was talking about. "no longer produced".

Wish I could find one sitting on somebodies shelf!

-
Back