PIR swapmeet the big one

-

j par

Well-hung Member
Reaction score
April 5th through the 7th Portland international raceway.
6th through the 8th at the expo center next door.
Takes a day at each one, at least.
All makes.

April 5th through the 7th Portland international raceway.
6th through the 8th at the expo center next door.
Takes a day at each one, at least.
All makes.

You going to be able to find the place? Gates open at 8. That's in the AM.

Pomona is like that, huge. Thousands of sellers, 1 or 2 Mopar guys!!! Hope you have better luck! Bring a flashlight, Pomona opens at 0500.....And most of the killer deals are done between sellers before that.

Pomona is like that, huge. Thousands of sellers, 1 or 2 Mopar guys!!! Hope you have better luck! Bring a flashlight, Pomona opens at 0500.....And most of the killer deals are done between sellers before that.
Agreed I have a booth like always and will be getting the good deals done before anybody gets there the day before.

Agreed I have a booth like always and will be getting the good deals done before anybody gets there the day before.

Are you going to be inside or outside.

You should know since I'm going to be there it will be 34 degrees and raining sideways.

Are you going to be inside or outside.

You should know since I'm going to be there it will be 34 degrees and raining sideways.
Outside at PIR it's just a lot more relaxed there. No worries the weather is going to be great. It's been great every year I have a booth. I didn't have one last year and it poured. You'll be safe this year I promise..

Ride the Max if your not a vendor or handicap because packing is near impossible.

Plus you can freak out all the hipsters with your "retro" parts you scored at the meet....

Ride the Max if your not a vendor or handicap because packing is near impossible.

Plus you can freak out all the hipsters with your "retro" parts you scored at the meet....

Don't have a plan for parking yet. I'm not riding mass transit for any reason. I don't care for hipster, emo, goth, dork, freak or any of that.

I know the back way in and also being early helps. If you come down on a Saturday or Sunday at 9 and it opens at 8 don't plan on getting in there till about noon. And if you get there at 7:30 and it opens at 8 I know a back way and or you'll just walk right in. The problem becomes even getting into the parking lot.

Getting a booth is so dirt cheap it's actually cheaper than buying two passes for all three days and parking for all three days. I actually don't use my parking pass very much because I park right at my booth. That's what's so nice about PIR there so much open space.

You don't get a vendor parking spot with a Booth?
With my 10 by 20 Booth I get two wristbands for PIR for all three days and the day before and a parking pass. I don't know about parking for vendors only except for in my own booth area. It's basically 20 feet of Frontage on the straight away and a crap load of area behind.

Yeah, on Saturday

Hey Jpar, you don't mind looking for parts for me, then fronting me some money and then transporting the parts down to me, do you?:lol:

Hey Jpar, you don't mind looking for parts for me, then fronting me some money and then transporting the parts down to me, do you?:lol:
For someone who really goes to the track and has Time Slips and actually uses the parts? Not a problem!
Besides that hosehead you know you're aces in my book, anything you need brother...

Well today was moving day at the Swap Meet which is basically get all the good deals between the vendors day LOL and I've already got a couple nice little trinkets. I got all the Dodge letters across the hood of my truck for $20 and a $15 package deal that included a nice mirror for the duster with its mounting bracket and a nice set of defrost vents for the dash and an under the steering column plastic piece.

Well today was moving day at the Swap Meet which is basically get all the good deals between the vendors day LOL and I've already got a couple nice little trinkets. I got all the Dodge letters across the hood of my truck for $20 and a $15 package deal that included a nice mirror for the duster with its mounting bracket and a nice set of defrost vents for the dash and an under the steering column plastic piece.

Please keep an eye open I am needing a good running slant 6 for my 66 dart.

Please keep an eye open I am needing a good running slant 6 for my 66 dart.
I never seen a slant 6 that didn't run good. They're a dime a dozen. You should be able to find one good and running for 250 bucks or less. That should likely include the transmission too!
I don't ever recall seeing a slant 6 at the swap meet unless it was actually in a car for sale. Things like that people likely won't waste their time trying to put something that big in their truck that will get them so little money. You shouldn't have to go to the swap meet to get a motor, that should be an easy Craigslist item.

-
Back