Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Contact seller
I have a pistol grip that is 71-4 B-body will work in an A-body.

not show but decent original.....has scuffs but could be polished out.

I bought it on Feebay for my A-body but I don't like it because its for someone with a big hand .....so I would prefer the stock type A-body shifter for 69/70.

looks like I need better pics

Attachments

• 20140815_140148.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 447
  • 20140815_140156.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 443
  • CIMG1757.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 450
ok, I am trying to respond to the PMs on this in order ....so far I have seen two shifters which don't seem right because one is really rough and one looks like an early type 64/5 ...not sure but looking into it.

I sold this awhile back but is this what you are looking for Rani? It was in my 72 Scamp with a bench seat.

This one is from a 69 dart. Notice no bend at the T-handle or ball end. Reverse
Lock out (little red ball) is a add on accessory non stock. Ignore that and aftermarket T-handle.
They changed them in a bodies a little for different years. Hope this helps you find the
correct one for your year.

Attachments

• IMG_20140817_194850_198.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 331
This one is from a 69 dart. Notice no bend at the T-handle or ball end. Reverse
Lock out (little red ball) is a add on accessory non stock. Ignore that and aftermarket T-handle.
They changed them in a bodies a little for different years. Hope this helps you find the
correct one for your year.

yes!!! exactly like that one ....that is the same as the other ones I have except all the ones I have are push in bayonet style (no bolts)

I got the pistol grip originally because nothing is cooler than a pistol grip but the handle is huge ......they did not design those with a smaller female hand in mind....so I end up having to push it more than grip and I don't like it. The A-body type with the woodgrain ball is the easiest to use.

I drilled the push in handle for the bolt thru design on this one. I just like them better.
Added the over shift stop bolts in the case also.

I will have to look tomorrow Rani. I am pretty sure that is the one I have but my shifter is not painted. And I know I have one with the white ball shifter as well as the reverse lockout. But I need to check tomorrow. AND I do NOT want to jump ahead if someone else has what you need.

I don't have spares of these parts just showing the differences between the older and newer style for reference to help locate the correct part.

didn't forget about this thread.....update is that we are waiting for the mail to review some shifters. thanks for all the replies

I have one, but it doesn't have a ball or t-handle.
Let me know if you want to see some pics.
Tom.

I have one of the t handle type. I have been looking for a pistol grip. I'd trade you. Let me know I can get you a picture, if you are interested.

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back