Pistol grip shifter in Factory 4-speed Dart

-
I thought when I called them I had the option for a console top for a PG
They've got a B body console PG, but that thing is looong- looks like it would put the handle between the seat backs on an A body. Maybe they've got something that isn't in the online catalog, never hurts to call if that's what the OP is looking for!
Doesn't look like it would be too hard to modify one to fit a console- if you've got the cajones to cut a good handle and weld in about a 4" long piece of 1/4" flat steel to space the stick over... :rolleyes: And then get the appropriate slotted (not round hole) shifter boot.
But if a console is not an issue, the '71-'74 B body unit is a drop-in (he even lists it as such).

They've got a B body console PG, but that thing is looong- looks like it would put the handle between the seat backs on an A body. Maybe they've got something that isn't in the online catalog, never hurts to call if that's what the OP is looking for!
Doesn't look like it would be too hard to modify one to fit a console- if you've got the cajones to cut a good handle and weld in about a 4" long piece of 1/4" flat steel to space the stick over... :rolleyes: And then get the appropriate slotted (not round hole) shifter boot.
But if a console is not an issue, the '71-'74 B body unit is a drop-in (he even lists it as such).
I called them ton get a quote. Complete conversion, with a pistol grip shifter and console top plate.... over 6 grand. And that was almost 2 years ago. A year and a half, at least...

There is an adapter to use it with a console. Nobody appears to be making them anymore, but here is a pic of it. Brewers sent me a couple measurements so I could fab my own, I think they are on my work computer, I can check on monday.

abody.8.jpg

I had a good friend that would look at something and say ' Why?' Then smile and walk away. I am having one of those moments.

-
Back