Plane crash lands minutes from my house caught on video

-

Badart

Reaction score
I am amazed how calm these people are. Everyone walks away without a scratch. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDQVN_G1bM4"]Utah Plane Crash Captured on Cell Phone by Passenger -ORIGINAL FOOTAGE- - YouTube[/ame]

The pilot is one of my former best friends Dad, Lynn. He's also a relatively new pilot, he did a great job.

Amazing that everyone was so calm, and that no one got hurt. I think Lynn was the only one that got hurt at all.

My question is why did they go for the field instead of the highway below them? That would have been my first choice. Of course, I wasn't there and I don't know all the details. Too many cars, perhaps. Anyway, I'm glad everyone walked away. As they say, any landing you can walk away from...

There isn't really a highway there were they landed. Little two lane farm roads with power lines and fences everywhere.

I think the pilot, with not much experiance, did a good job in keeping everyone calm. Sure there may have been other choices, glad no one was hurt bad, could have been much, much worse the way the plane dug in and flipped. As many of you have heard or know, flying is 99% boring and 1% shear terror.

.....former multi-engine\instrument flight instructor.

That was pretty awesome!! I like how the passenger was apologizing to the pilot. Even the baby stopped crying five minutes after the crash. They had their guardian angels working full time on that one.

Looks like the field was muddy

Good job on getting it down and everyone ok

Guy I know flies older plans he prefers to use grass runways, claims softer landing. But I think plane flipping would be more common on soft surface.

I am so glad everyone is ok, the pilot did a good job getting his air speed way down
Wow!!! I think I will stay on the ground, I have never flown in a small air craft with seating I road in the belle of a crop duster to get to a grain ben back about 40 years ago.
Looks like that was a Sesna...... I was in an AgCat looking threw the belle, I will never forget that day.. Crazy....

The snow got him.
He did a good job of landing in thoughs conditions.
He slowed it to stall before touchdown, nose up.

-
Back