Plastic dash bezel refurb

-

petty437

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have read & tried all of the various paint methods discussed on threads here. Spent a fair chunk of change on the various paints mentioned. With that said, is there a company out there that does re-chrome or restores these items? I know it won't be cheap, but I am not happy with the chrome paint look. Thank in advance.

what year? There are repops of a few dashes available. If its not "vacuum deposition" chrome plated plastic, its not chromed plastic. My father in law used to work at Revell models in LA (!) in the 70's and said they plated a bunch of plastic things in the 'vessel'

I have read & tried all of the various paint methods discussed on threads here. Spent a fair chunk of change on the various paints mentioned. With that said, is there a company out there that does re-chrome or restores these items? I know it won't be cheap, but I am not happy with the chrome paint look. Thank in advance.

Hey petty437,

One thing to remember if you decide to replate is that you will still have to re-do the lettering and the heater control black out, etc.. Takes lots of patience!!

vacuume-ornametal is almost done doing my 1970 Duster rally dash bezel, check their website....

what year? There are repops of a few dashes available. If its not "vacuum deposition" chrome plated plastic, its not chromed plastic. My father in law used to work at Revell models in LA (!) in the 70's and said they plated a bunch of plastic things in the 'vessel'
63 Dart

OK...if you rechrome your original 67 - 69 dart bezels the fit will be dreadful just like when new.PG Classic pieces fit very nicely and i think he must have corrected that when he tooled up.

Gcartrim.com is who I used, pricey but very pleased. Also pleasant to deal with

OK...if you rechrome your original 67 - 69 dart bezels the fit will be dreadful just like when new.PG Classic pieces fit very nicely and i think he must have corrected that when he tooled up.
Thanks, but they don't handle 63-66 stuff

for all that are thinking about sending vacuume-ornametal their 70 Duster bezel rally dash, They called me today and said that they were done and shipping it out today.$660 with the woodgrain installed and the glove box piece too...around 8 weeks......Rich

I used vacuum ornamental, when I received my dash it looked it just came off the shelf brand new. Very pleased.

20220108_170326.jpg

20220108_161117.jpg

Would hope the dash bezels fit better than their horrible fitting floor shifter console plates

see post 18 and by the way it came out beautiful!!!

-
Back