Playmate Barracuda

-

Jim 68cuda

Reaction score
Playboy-Playmate-1967-barracuda.jpg

Just curious, does anyone know what ever happened to the pink 67 Barracuda given to Lisa Baker, Playboy's 1967 Playmate of the Year?

boy...I wouldn't want to sit in that backseat :toothy10:

The pink 66 Barracuda Playmate car confuses me a bit. The 66 Playmate of the Year car was a pink 66 Charger for Allison Parks.
500x_pmoy_1966_charger.jpg

Yeah, that '66 A is bogus. But this chick really got screwed...
500x_pmoy_1970_mercury.jpg

Playboy-Playmate-1967-barracuda.jpg

Just curious, does anyone know what ever happened to the pink 67 Barracuda given to Lisa Baker, Playboy's 1967 Playmate of the Year?

Every time I see that pic the first thing I notice is that the negative was reversed. The fuel cap is on the wrong side of the car in that pic if not. lol

I'm not sure it's reversed. It says Barracuda on the front fender & there's an address on the house in the background. Neither is reversed. But there's no pentastar on the front fender. Maybe somebody did some hocus pocus with the photo?

I would think the image is reversed, because the mirror on the door.My 67 only has one, and its on the drivers side.....the pink looks cool.Would like to see it in real life, to see if it glows like a Hotwheel.
Andrew/Kidd

I would think the image is reversed, because the mirror on the door.My 67 only has one, and its on the drivers side.....the pink looks cool.Would like to see it in real life, to see if it glows like a Hotwheel.
Andrew/Kidd

Someone may have fiddled with the picture, but its not reversed. The house numbers would be backward too, as '64 Cuda already pointed out.

As for the mirror, it was an option. My brown '71 Dart Gt has remote style mirrors on both the driver and passenger side, and the call out for the option on the fender tag (it's not in my sig picture, I removed it because it was loose before towing). Now, that doesn't by itself mean it was an option in '67, but I found this. Courtesy of the '70 Hamtramck Registry. :D

Here's the page out of the option catalog for '67. "Outside rear view mirror (door mounted), Right side. - Matches remote control mirror".

Part5AddedBeautyConvenience-08.jpg

The remote mirror in the pic above is the one made for right hand drive cars.

My 68 has the passenger side mirror that matches the remote mirror on the drivers side. It was factory installed, and its placement makes it almost totally useless. But, I too think the photo has been retouched. Its not like Playboy didn't have any experience retouching photos.

Back in 1993-1994 , I dated a gal whom looked quite like Lisa Baker , includingthe hair and attire ( Mod fashion is the BEST ! ) ; LOVE those boots !

WTF happened to me that I can't attract these kind of gals anymore ... ? Oh , that's right ; stress , alcoholism and stress and age and stress aged me beyond my 40 years .

What was the original question again ?

-
Back