Please don't rip me a new one, but....

-
I know a guy that had a 408 Diplomat that won the sleeper of the year award... pretty cool to see a Camaro get dusted by that Grandpa car....

I know a guy that had a 408 Diplomat that won the sleeper of the year award... pretty cool to see a Camaro get dusted by that Grandpa car....
I remember a write up I seen in a old hot rod type magazine where an older gentleman built a 4dr Dippy because he was bored with retirement.

He didn't spend tons of money either but the Dippy would put a couple inches of daylight under the front tires a put down like a low 14 if I remember correctly.

I remember a write up I seen in a old hot rod type magazine where an older gentleman built a 4dr Dippy because he was bored with retirement.

He didn't spend tons of money either but the Dippy would put a couple inches of daylight under the front tires a put down like a low 14 if I remember correctly.
I've owned M bodies. I didn't mind them. Cops loved them in the early to mid 80's... Never built one for a hobby, just daily drivers....

I've owned M bodies. I didn't mind them. Cops loved them in the early to mid 80's... Never built one for a hobby, just daily drivers....
The truck in Newton sold and the guy with the 76 D100 won't be back till next weekend and the Jack wagon with the Dippy hasn't responded to any of my emails.

I'm going backroads driving today in hopes of seeing a long forgotten Mopar sitting in the weeds somewhere.

The truck in Newton sold and the guy with the 76 D100 won't be back till next weekend and the Jack wagon with the Dippy hasn't responded to any of my emails.

I'm going backroads driving today in hopes of seeing a long forgotten Mopar sitting in the weeds somewhere.
Just remember, unless you are willing to open the classifieds, jump in the car and be in route and drop the cash, finding a classic that's right for you takes patience. Sometimes months, not days.

Just remember, unless you are willing to open the classifieds, jump in the car and be in route and drop the cash, finding a classic that's right for you takes patience. Sometimes months, not days.
You're right and if these Mopars fall through, I'll just step back and wait maybe till tax returns come back.

I'm in a big hurry because summer is just about over and a couple of my buddies are elbowing me about not having a "NoPower" to put my 408 in.

I guess if I had a Dad to pay for someone to build a engine for me and buy a body to put it in i wouldn't be here, but atleast I can say I did it all myself and I really enjoy hearing what everyone has to say on this site. :)

1982 chrysler new yorker car clean 70,000 miles - farm &

New Race Car - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive sale
https://lincoln.craigslist.org/cto/d/lincoln-1986-dodge-ram-50/7169406729.html
upload_2020-8-23_9-16-48.png

Last edited:
There's a dippy for $500 near San Antonio
Oh man I love the Dippys! I actually prefer 4dr cars over 2dr and man if I could find a wagon reasonably priced I'd be in heaven!

My Uncle had a 72 Fury Sport wagon that he built a 512 stroker for and man did it get with the program!
a

Hey guy's I found me a 83 D150 regular cab long box with the leaning tower of power (Slant 6) automatic transmission. Truck has 42,326 original miles. I'm happy happy happy :thumbsup:...will the slant 6 transmission be a keeper or dumpster bait? I have that 727 but don't know much about them.

Thanks again for everyone's help!

you can sell slant stuff the six trans a different case but low mileage guts are worth something
make sure your 727 (or 904)matches your block small blockmotors need a small block trans

you can sell slant stuff the six trans a different case but low mileage guts are worth something
make sure your 727 (or 904)matches your block small blockmotors need a small block trans
Oh man, glad you said something about the transmission, not sure what it was married to. Thanks.

Local yard has a complete 1970 V8 Scamp 2 dr hard top missing only engine and trans....zero rust anywhere, comes with two extra fenders with no dents, interior not terrible, $900

I don't know of anyone that has done that swap. It's your engine, and money, you can do what you want. You don't need our permission. I have a Ramcharger you could put it in... lol

If this thread is currant , show us pics of the ramcharger , AND where it located , always wanted one !

I like the idea of driving it home but the amount of fabrication and money it may spend trying to make it all work out and fit and doing it before you're so discouraged you give up like the previous guy may not outweigh just spending an extra thousand getting an abody...
Why would you say that, they came from the factory with a V-8?

Why would you say that, they came from the factory with a V-8?
Well damn it you made me have to go back and read and find out what the hell I was talking about because this thread is 2 months old.... I wasn't aware that a Mopar engine with drop right into a Ford without oil pan interference without fabrication for motor mounts and so forth and so forth.... It's been my experience that too many people start these oddball projects with good intentions and 10 years later it's on Craigslist as a project all scattered in a million pieces... oh don't forget they want the kind of money as if it was all put together and done...

Well damn it you made me have to go back and read and find out what the hell I was talking about because this thread is 2 months old.... I wasn't aware that a Mopar engine with drop right into a Ford without oil pan interference without fabrication for motor mounts and so forth and so forth.... It's been my experience that too many people start these oddball projects with good intentions and 10 years later it's on Craigslist as a project all scattered in a million pieces... oh don't forget they want the kind of money as if it was all put together and done...
I thought you was taking about a v-8 dakota, here is a pic of my buddies, (rip) with a big block.

1000474r.jpg

I thought you was taking about a v-8 dakota, here is a pic of my buddies, (rip) with a big block.

View attachment 1715615759
Again this thread is 2 months old and up until yesterday no one had even made a comment on it till 6 weeks previous. so when you asked me what I was saying I basically had to go back to the very first post and see what this was all about in the first place... That's how I formulated an answer for you...

-
Back