Please forgive me my mopar brothers and sisters !

-

jimmer

Reaction score
After searching for a long time.
I could not seem to find what I was looking for in a mopar
There was just not anything available.
So I had a number of a guy in southern Oregon with some mid to late 70's gm wagons.
I could not make it work to get the car or cars.
So I forgot about it.
Well fast forward 6 months and still looking.
I see his add on Craigslist.
It worked out this time.
I went and bought a 1979 pontiac sunbird safari gt wagon 4cyl 5 speed with 95 thousand original miles.
It has a vega nose piece and monza fenders.
He had hit a deer at some point.
No rust anywhere.

Here is my wagon.

20200926_190800.jpg

Your kidding, right?[/QUOTE I really did go to the dark side ! I wanted a dodge colt wagon ! I'm joking about forgiveness ! I wish they still made more parts for the Iron Duke ! I'm left with no other choice but to do a v8 swap !

My sympathies on your loss LOLOL

I have to say no love for them when new, and less as they aged

When I was a kid, a friend and his brother built the crap out of a pinto wagon. Put a v6 in it and a bunch if parts from a junked cop car. Thing would scoot and turn on a fricking dime. Fun stuff. Total sleeper

If you really want to prove what a glutton for punishment you are, find a Cosworth Vega motor and drop it in there... and you thought Mopars were tough/expensive to find parts for...

I think I just threw up in my mouth a bit:lol:

Looks like it has potential! Enjoy the hell out of it!

Well atleast you didn't buy one of those crappy Buick grand nationals.... So it could have been worse....

Your money so enjoy....

JW

After searching for a long time.
I could not seem to find what I was looking for in a mopar
There was just not anything available.
So I had a number of a guy in southern Oregon with some mid to late 70's gm wagons.
I could not make it work to get the car or cars.
So I forgot about it.
Well fast forward 6 months and still looking.
I see his add on Craigslist.
It worked out this time.
I went and bought a 1979 pontiac sunbird safari gt wagon 4cyl 5 speed with 95 thousand original miles.
It has a vega nose piece and monza fenders.
He had hit a deer at some point.
No rust anywhere.

Not to offend but what you meant to say was you could not find what you wanted in your price range... Short of a few Holy grails the market is chocked full of cars from East to west. You can get what you want but it's all about the Benjamin's. Crazy to think that was a top tier crushed car back in the day. Looks clean....

JW

such tyranny will never be forgotten! FPOO (For Pontiac Owners Only) is calling, they're asking for you :poke:

it looks like a nice car ~ if you like that sorta thing

AND NOW another annoying story from the old days. Stationed at NAS Miramar, 70-74 I worked part time at the base auto hobby shop. Used to be a divorcee came in there with her nearly new Vega from the E coast. She came in occasionally to tune it up and change oil. I had it in the tune up machine bay and at some point asked her "we done under the hood?"

She says "yes, let me get my special tools"

She comes up with 4 gigantic cheap screwdrivers--the kind you used to buy out of the grab bins, and you had to partly close the hood, and jam those screwdrivers between the hood and fenders BECAUSE THE FRONT END WAS RUSTY AND STARTING TO CAVE IN!!

-
Back