[ATTENTION] Please Read.... Important Announcement

-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

A few things I need to let you know about.

We have grown a lot in the last few years. As of today, we are just shy of 3 million posts and 37,000 members! So, tts that time... We need to upgrade our server.

I have purchased a shiny new, powerful server for FABO. I expect to be moving the site to it sometime within the next week.

The new server will have twice the ram (and a newer, faster type of ram) and twice the Hard drive space, as well as having 2 of the latest Intel processors. It is a very powerful processor and should help keep the site quick and responsive, as well as handle our storage needs for things like photos of our great cars.

Because of this, the site will be offline at some point in the next week for a few hours.

So if you come to the site sometime in the next week and find it offline, don't panic, we're just moving to the new server. Come back in a few hours and everything should be done.

Now, onto the begging. Nah, just kidding. But, this server isn't just powerful and new, it also is quite expensive. I could have bought another A Body for what this server cost. That said, if your able and willing, please consider becoming a FABO Gold Member. Gold member donations help defray the costs of running the site.

CLICK HERE TO BECOME A FABO GOLD MEMBER

Gold members get little perks like no ads (except the sidebar)

If you have found another member particularly helpful, why not GIVE them a Gold Membership as a thanks? Just click here to GIVE A GOLD MEMBERSHIP GIFT

Thank you to all the gold members who help support the site. And thank you all for making FABO the greatest Classic Mopar forum on the internet.

Thanks for all the work you do to keep this site going!! Lawrence

Joey, Thanks for all the hard work. Is there a way that one could donate to the cause if they are already a Gold Member?

Joey, Thanks for all the hard work. Is there a way that one could donate to the cause if they are already a Gold Member?

The Gold Memberships just get added to the end of the existing membership if there is one. So if you have 6 months to go on your existing membership, and someone gives you a year, then you wont expire for 18 months.

I think what Moparmitch is asking and I want to know as well....Can I help out without any benefit like an extension on my Gold Membership.

The Gold Memberships just get added to the end of the existing membership if there is one. So if you have 6 months to go on your existing membership, and someone gives you a year, then you wont expire for 18 months.

Oh my God, how long before we expire if we don't have a gold membership at all??? :burnout: :D

I know, I know. :banghead: LOL

well make sure and give heads up when the site will be offline so I can tranquilize myself.

Attachments

• catssleepingpositions09ty9.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,066
oh no .....I just thought of something .....does this mean the new site is going to look like FBBO and the rest of them

oh no .....I just thought of something .....does this mean the new site is going to look like FBBO and the rest of them

No. It wont affect the appearance of the site at all. Its the hardware that's being changed, not the software...

Just upgraded my membership. Been meaning to for a while but now it's a no-brainer for sure... Thanks for a great site and all the work you put into it!

-Doug

Joey, I'll be buying another membership even though mine is not up yet.. I just have to wait until Im back on my feet after being out of work for the past 2 months because of my feet LOL.

Well I had been saving for some custom engraving work on my palladium urn.
I guess it can wait a little longer. I hope. 😙

Joey...thanks for everything you and the other mods do for us here. It's not just about the great "A"body info here. It'd be difficult to replace if it wasn't here for me......just re-upped.
Brian

Got a paypal account? How about for those who just don't have the $40 for a gold membership right now but want to throw a $10-$20 in your pocket to pitch in?

-
Back