plenum size

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
Any of u guys care to comment on the plenum size for a 505'' stroker w/ throttle body fuel inj. ??
I `m switching to a 2954 victor , after I clean it up and port match it . It sure has a small plenum compared to a team G I did. The 505 really liked the team G , I PULLED IT OFF TO TRY A TORQUER 2 THAT I DID SOME WORK ON, THEY BOTH FLOWED ABOUT THE SAME on a bench, BUT IT SEEMED THE TEAM g DROVE BETTER.
Any comments ? Andy , blue72 , moper , pittsburg racer ??------------dam caps button!

Watching... I would like to think that the Victor would be better than the team G, especially with drivability, but if it's the volume the engine wants, I would see the M1 single plane as maybe being better. I don't know if it can only be used with the TFS heads, but the TFS track heat manifold looks pretty stout, too.

t
Watching... I would like to think that the Victor would be better than the team G, especially with drivability, but if it's the volume the engine wants, I would see the M1 single plane as maybe being better. I don't know if it can only be used with the TFS heads, but the TFS track heat manifold looks pretty stout, too.
the trickflow intake looks to me like a cleaned up victor -------------

Yes, I agree, close enough that it’s hard to tell by pictures if the plenum is larger. Care to share your combination? I see it being more of a runner balance and equalization Deal (especially with a Torker on a 505!) but I want to see what experience Andy F, Mopar, PittsburghRacer, blue72, and all the other what I call the drop everything and listen folks have to say. Can’t beat experience based knowledge...

Last edited:
I have a few old school friends who would be singing you the praises of Tarantula this and TM7 that, lolol.

There isn’t really a whole lot of power difference between the intake manifolds. How well and clean they deliver the air & fuel charge is another issue.

Not sure I'd consider myself any type of pro here, but thanks for the inclusion.
In thinking about it - the 505 will eat any plenum you can give it and love it. So I'd think the smaller plenum, and better atomization of the EFI will work well, probably as well as a larger plenum and carb combo... Depending on the carb and what you liked about that particular iteration. Power-wise, given they're both single 4bbl open plenums, and IMPO "small" for the stroke, it won't be a night-and-day difference. But all that's just me thinking out loud (through the keyboard).

Not sure I'd consider myself any type of pro here, but thanks for the inclusion.
In thinking about it - the 505 will eat any plenum you can give it and love it. So I'd think the smaller plenum, and better atomization of the EFI will work well, probably as well as a larger plenum and carb combo... Depending on the carb and what you liked about that particular iteration. Power-wise, given they're both single 4bbl open plenums, and IMPO "small" for the stroke, it won't be a night-and-day difference. But all that's just me thinking out loud (through the keyboard).

Thanks for all opinions> Anymore out there ??
I found that #3 runner was extremely smaller than the rest on the victor-----I opened it up some , but its plenum opening is still smaller than the rest.------would like to get them all close to the same -more to come after I get it on a flowbench ??

Good to know and of course post your results please! I would think that the Torker would have even more pronounced irregularities between runners being that some models of that intake had the runner sizes staggered to broaden the torque range.

Good to know and of course post your results please! I would think that the Torker would have even more pronounced irregularities between runners being that some models of that intake had the runner sizes staggered to broaden the torque range.
torquer 2 was terrible in runner size and flow .

I know our magazine "friends" touted the new victor as latest and greatest and spoke of great cubic hours of development and dyno time, but I believe that most aftermarket manufacturers only do that with a few of the manifolds they know they know will sale and then take on a "one size fits all approach" to develop the other ones. I like the new and improved design holley strip dominator of the M1, it looks like it has the most symmetrical runner and port layout. I don't know about the 4500 flange one though, I think the plenum is too large for even a 505.
upload_2019-2-12_8-59-32.jpeg

I know our magazine "friends" touted the new victor as latest and greatest and spoke of great cubic hours of development and dyno time, but I believe that most aftermarket manufacturers only do that with a few of the manifolds they know they know will sale and then take on a "one size fits all approach" to develop the other ones. I like the new and improved design holley strip dominator of the M1, it looks like it has the most symmetrical runner and port layout. I don't know about the 4500 flange one though, I think the plenum is too large for even a 505.
View attachment 1715288409
Contact @AndyF for his low deck manifold testing.
His Wilson ported 4500 low deck M1 made the best power in his stroker testings. 700+ hp.
Andy would have some good factual insight.

Contact @AndyF for his low deck manifold testing.
His Wilson ported 4500 low deck M1 made the best power in his stroker testings. 700+ hp.
Andy would have some good factual insight.

No argument on Andy`s stuff, and his knowledge , but $1500 to have Wilson manifolds work mine , ain`t in the books !! Wish it was, till my boat comes in I`ll have to do it myself ! LOL
r/b here -

-
Back