Plumbing and woodworking related?

-

abdywgn

dismantler
Reaction score
S1051256.JPG
Kitchen faucet has been dripping for I don't know how long. I'm content with a funnel and gallon jug to catch 'em. Takes 2-3 days to fill up. Barb, my wife, would prefer it to work as it should. Can't blame her. SO, I get a faucet with the snazzy flexible hose to clean pots and pans and spray somebody sitting at the table. Looking at the instructions before I get started, they say to make a backing plate if you have a stainless steel sink so it doesn't flex. WHAT! The box says simple hand tools needed for installation. I'm hot. E-mail company and it's like no big deal. Said if it's no big deal, why didn't you spend 50 cents and include a plastic backing plate. GRRR! After a few more replies, they offer a 20% refund. Well, better than nothing. Today, after what has to be a good year of this faucet sitting around, I made the backing plate. Still needs a little sanding and paint. Also, a project means a new tool, correct?
S1051258.JPG
S1051257.JPG

View attachment 1715614797 Kitchen faucet has been dripping for I don't know how long. I'm content with a funnel and gallon jug to catch 'em. Takes 2-3 days to fill up. Barb, my wife, would prefer it to work as it should. Can't blame her. SO, I get a faucet with the snazzy flexible hose to clean pots and pans and spray somebody sitting at the table. Looking at the instructions before I get started, they say to make a backing plate if you have a stainless steel sink so it doesn't flex. WHAT! The box says simple hand tools needed for installation. I'm hot. E-mail company and it's like no big deal. Said if it's no big deal, why didn't you spend 50 cents and include a plastic backing plate. GRRR! After a few more replies, they offer a 20% refund. Well, better than nothing. Today, after what has to be a good year of this faucet sitting around, I made the backing plate. Still needs a little sanding and paint. Also, a project means a new tool, correct?View attachment 1715614793 View attachment 1715614792

Have used big washers with good success -------------

I cleaned and painted the one under the filtered water faucet to reuse and will use whatever is supplied with the new faucet. Do have a day reprieve and don't need it finished today, still doing dishes in bathtub or laundry tub. May stop at local hardware store on way home tomorrow night and see about electrical reducing washers.

The problem with pretty much ALL instruction sheets provided nowadays with just about everything is that they sound like they're written by lawyers for the purpose of covering the vendors' *** rather then maximizing the knowledge, convenience or satisfaction of the customer.

My wife has one of those faucets on a S/S sink, and flexing shouldn't be an issue unless she uses it like Ronnie Sox on a four speed.

IF I was going to reinforce it, my first thought wouldn't be a piece of wood. I would probably cut up one of my Wife's plastic-like-substance cutting boards. Cheap, solid and waterproof.

plastic cutting board sounds good, gotta be one here somewhere...but I used wood because it came free with the drill press. and it's painted to seal it. gonna caulk the snot out of it all and if it leaks,well,that's what God made buckets for, right?

-
Back