plymouth duster quarter skins?

-

tfinley

Reaction score
I am starting a restoration on a 72 Plymouth duster. My question is about quarter panel skins. has any one used a AMD skin? They don't just make the skin any more and the full panels are on back order till the middle of the year, at the soonest. I have found a set of AMD skins. Does anyone know if the skins have the door jam edges, window seal area along with mounting to the truck drip edge ? or is it just the skin that is flat no 90 degree edges? Any help is appreciated.

So I purchased AMD dart swinger skins in the closeout sale and they have the door jamb edge. They're not duster but would imagine they are the same general design

20210113_153430.jpg
Just checked mine. It does have the 90° flange at the door jamb. It does not go as high as the quarter window. It doesn't reach the trunk drip rail either. I believe it only approaches the uppermost ridge on the side that extends back from just above the door handle.

I had 71 duster skins from them and they stopped at the body line just short of the trunk. So no it wont have the wshield trunk spot weld area

-
Back