Plymouth scamp

-

Dan the man

Reaction score
I recently found a scamp, I think that it's a 1972. Going by the photos it looks good. Right rear lower quarter panel next to the wheel opening needs work and so does the left quarter panel next to where the valance bolts on. Asking price is 27k isn't that pricey for a car that needs body work?

Details matter. So asking what something is worth without seeing it, is like throwing darts blindfolded…

I understand that the value of these cars has went up, which can be a good thing. There's a a 1974 duster at a classic car dealer and they are asking 42k for it and the only thing special about it other than being super clean is that it's a low mileage car. For some reason, mopars in Missouri are expensive. But I like my mopars

I understand that the value of these cars has went up, which can be a good thing. There's a a 1974 duster at a classic car dealer and they are asking 42k for it and the only thing special about it other than being super clean is that it's a low mileage car. For some reason, mopars in Missouri are expensive. But I like my mopars
Nope. People are greedy and uninformed. And they are called “Used Car Crooks” for a reason.

I understand. I'm looking, I'm sure that I'll find something before springtime
I saw a clean duster a few weeks back on the Portland Craigslist for 15 grand. It was a steal… if I were you, I’d open my search up to like 600-1000 miles from you…

I saw a clean duster a few weeks back on the Portland Craigslist for 15 grand. It was a steal… if I were you, I’d open my search up to like 600-1000 miles from yo

I saw a clean duster a few weeks back on the Portland Craigslist for 15 grand. It was a steal… if I were you, I’d open my search up to like 600-1000 miles from you…
That's what I'm going to do. I don't know how I keep getting these double screens and how to get rid of them

Dan I lived in Mo. 37 years years.
Mopar prices there are way less in general than most places.
It has been said to you many times, classic car dealers are the worst. Cars there on consignment. If you see something there IN PERSON you want, try to negotiate with them. If you can't evaluate it, find someone that can.
A real conversation with an owner will tell you more than any pic, unless the son of a gun is a lier.

This horse has been beat to death Dan.

YouTube 1980's Tribute Plymouth Duster. I have a beautiful Duster for sale. It's not cheap though

A car that needs work? 10 grand or less more than likely less...however what drivetrain is in it? 8 3/4 rear etc? Id it is a Scamp with a Swinger perfvormance V8 drivetrain that makes the deal a little better...

Dan I lived in Mo. 37 years years.
Mopar prices there are way less in general than most places.
It has been said to you many times, classic car dealers are the worst. Cars there on consignment. If you see something there IN PERSON you want, try to negotiate with them. If you can't evaluate it, find someone that can.
A real conversation with an owner will tell you more than any pic, unless the son of a gun is a lier.

This horse has been beat to death Dan.
I'm going to deal with individuals

A car that needs work? 10 grand or less more than likely less...however what drivetrain is in it? 8 3/4 rear etc? Id it is a Scamp with a Swinger perfvormance V8 drivetrain that makes the deal a little better...
Scamp with a 318. As far as I know it's stock as a rock

-
Back