Plymouth Silver Duster

-

Matthew Sermini

Reaction score
I have a 1975 Silver Duster. The car was built in April of 75 but the special trim package was only available in 76. Anyways I want to know more about this special car. I haven’t seen a lot about this model online. I just went to the Chrysler nationals and there wasn’t even another car like this. I’m looking to know how many were built and what engines were available but anything would help.

8CA05C34-62A8-47D5-9581-DBFAC812C74A.jpeg

753EA18F-7C75-4F04-8459-ACCE65B33189.jpeg

77701C92-D01E-4A04-96ED-0DB8D611E732.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 75 with that interior, not that nice though! I'll have to ask a couple buddies of mine some history on it.

Welcome; that’s in great shape!! It must have been stored in a garage for many years?? How many miles does it have?

That is a beautiful Duster! Totally awesome, I wouldn't change a thing as far as appearance.

Nice car!
The interior is called ''Boca Raton'' and the exterior color is called Silver Cloud.
Some people thought it was a love it or hate it look for these cars.
In a well preserved car like yours, it looks great to me!
As previously mentioned by gdrill in post #3, when the car is faded and the interior is in so so shape like his, it's hard to see the beauty of the package that these ''Silver Dusters'' have.
Actually, he has the car stored at my place for now and i have looked at it several times.
Again, it's a love it or hate it look just like many of the A-Bodies of the '75 - '76 years when Chrysler tried to make them more luxurious and fancy to attract new buyers.
Here's the page that shows the interior from the link posted by Vs29H1B in the Hamtramck Registry.
It was found in the '76 section, but late build '75s had this option available as well. (Obviously)
I hope this helps you..............
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1976/76_Valiant_Duster_0006.jpg

very cool car, although it does have an odd sleaze ball factor to it.

I might have reservations if you pulled up in that to pick my daughter up for a date..

I love it! It screams 1970's. You can pick up an option code book that should give a build number. The guy who makes them is something like Galvin Govier. google it

Nice car!
The interior is called ''Boca Raton'' and the exterior color is called Silver Cloud.
Some people thought it was a love it or hate it look for these cars.
In a well preserved car like yours, it looks great to me!
As previously mentioned by gdrill in post #3, when the car is faded and the interior is in so so shape like his, it's hard to see the beauty of the package that these ''Silver Dusters'' have.
Actually, he has the car stored at my place for now and i have looked at it several times.
Again, it's a love it or hate it look just like many of the A-Bodies of the '75 - '76 years when Chrysler tried to make them more luxurious and fancy to attract new buyers.
Here's the page that shows the interior from the link posted by Vs29H1B in the Hamtramck Registry.
It was found in the '76 section, but late build '75s had this option available as well. (Obviously)
I hope this helps you..............
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/images/dealerships/colorAndTrim/1976/76_Valiant_Duster_0006.jpg

Thanx Tom. As usual, a wealth of knowledge! :)

That car is awesome to say the very least. The cool factor is off the charts. I can't believe it has mileage that low and the paint looks that good.

I'd keep that car as absolutely stock as I could.

Very nice! There used to be one very similar to that in warrensburg, mo.

That car is awesome to say the very least. The cool factor is off the charts. I can't believe it has mileage that low and the paint looks that good.

I'd keep that car as absolutely stock as I could.
Absolutely agreed 100%!

The interior?? What people need to recall ( if they were there!) was the disco era. That upholstry is so disco. Som interior packages of the 76-80 F bodies can be somewhat that also!
Personally I find things about every year and every body style that I would change, as in either love OR hate, if I had been the "engineer" back then!!!

I have a 1975 Silver Duster. The car was built in April of 75 but the special trim package was only available in 76. Anyways I want to know more about this special car. I haven’t seen a lot about this model online. I just went to the Chrysler nationals and there wasn’t even another car like this. I’m looking to know how many were built and what engines were available but anything would help.

View attachment 1715203081

View attachment 1715203082

View attachment 1715203083
When I first saw it I suspected some foolery was taking place showing a fully restored Duster. What a beautiful car! You often hear references being made about "time capsule cars" but this Duster truly is. Enjoy it as much as the PO obviously did. Dan

-
Back