-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I am going to do this to my 66 Valiant Dave, so I need more info
so we can get this dun this year

Are these ready to ship and have them in stock ?

Looks like what I need to because my Valiant does not have tabs for a sway bar

Attachments

• 392395535.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 601
  • 389460209.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 623
  • 384421540.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 609
We have them in stock and ready to go. I sent the instructions to your email. It is designed to work with and w/o factory tabs. If you don't have factory tabs our brackets will tie into the shock bolts. Our control arm brackets are made from 3/8" thick 5160 spring steel and are plenty stout.

We have them in stock and ready to go. I sent the instructions to your email. It is designed to work with and w/o factory tabs. If you don't have factory tabs our brackets will tie into the shock bolts. Our control arm brackets are made from 3/8" thick 5160 spring steel and are plenty stout.

Thank you Dave, I just look at your email and seen the instruction sheet
I will call for a price, will I be talking to you if I call now ? it's Saturday

I will call Monday, Thank you Dave.

Been a busy day, I will try again Dave :happy1:

Who has these and I tried calling Dave, I did get a email on parts list, never got a quote on a price..... does anyone now who to call and get a firm price shipped to my door with the shock bolt attachment tabs, and complete kit I posted pictures of ? I do not have sway bar tabs on my 66 valiant. I need this kit.
My pm works and or post it here . Thank you all for any ascendance on this, I don't want to change my LCA.

Gotta be a Hellwig? Found a Hotchkiss on Summit for $289.95 and an Addco for $174.04 for the front. The Hotchkiss is a 1 1/2" hollow bar and the Addco is a 1 1/8" solid. They had 2 rear bars, both by Addco. 7/8" solid for 146.87, or a 3/4" solid for $122.33. All I could find made by Hellwig was for trucks and SUVs. All these kits were in stock, ready to ship. Probably what I'll use on Buford.

amazon has the best prices on these

I don't believe Helwig sells direct to the public. I bought my swaybar through Amazon for $238 shipped.

Edit: this is for the 64-66 early A Body
Sent from my iPhone

I guess I am plum dumb on this :banghead: I don't know how to locate anything on amazon site that tells me it is for a 1966 plymouth Valiant..
I don't have sway bar tabs... I looked for 20 minutes..
How the hell does anyone know witch is witch, part number Heck I have no clue... I better go lay down :eek:ops:

Mike, I think this is the one you need:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hel-55914

Hellwig 55914 fits:
1963-1966 Dodge Dart
1964-1966 Plymouth Barracuda
1963-1966 Plymouth Duster
1963-1966 Plymouth Valiant

he beat me to it^^

To all the great members here that posted me a direct link , Thank you so very much, I got a little short and upset with myself not being able to find these sway bars you all posted for me. I will be myself soon, Thank you all, trapster, mopardude318, and 65 Dartman, grumpuscreature for helping me see that I can do this to my car Siting for very long 1/2 hour or more is a chore sorry for my heated reply earlier, memike lost it I guess :sign3:

Gonna try to make some sense of this for you. We have 3 different sizes of front sway bars. 1 1/8", 1 1/4", and 1 1/2". There are 2 sizes of rear sway bars. 3/4" and 7/8". For basically stock handling use the 1 1/8" bar with no bar in the rear. For better handling use the 1 1/4" bar in front with the 3/4" rear bar. For even better handling use the 1 1/2" front bar with the 7/8" bar in the rear. For each increase in sway bar size you should also increase the width of the tires and the stiffness of the shocks and at some point a spring rate increase is in order. If you made it this far, you and Victoria would be happy with the 1 1/8" front bar by itself. All these kits have the bolt on control arm mounts so all you will have to do is bolt them on and enjoy.

Gonna try to make some sense of this for you. We have 3 different sizes of front sway bars. 1 1/8", 1 1/4", and 1 1/2". There are 2 sizes of rear sway bars. 3/4" and 7/8". For basically stock handling use the 1 1/8" bar with no bar in the rear. For better handling use the 1 1/4" bar in front with the 3/4" rear bar. For even better handling use the 1 1/2" front bar with the 7/8" bar in the rear. For each increase in sway bar size you should also increase the width of the tires and the stiffness of the shocks and at some point a spring rate increase is in order. If you made it this far, you and Victoria would be happy with the 1 1/8" front bar by itself. All these kits have the bolt on control arm mounts so all you will have to do is bolt them on and enjoy.
Thank you David :coffee2: I am going with the 1 1/8'' front only and PTS new rear stock springs :icon_smi: and then go with a better shock after all is dun.
Again thank you for many years of direction and help :glasses7:

Ok doesn't seem like anybody knows how to get the best price so here it is

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/cart/add.do

226.57 minus 15% or 33.99 = 192.58 free shipping

I just need the front sway bar dodge71demon :glasses7: and the kit I see
in autoaccessoriesgarage does not have the application for the kit I need that works on a 66 Valiant that does not have sway bar tabs, I need the modified
mounting bracket's for the front radiator support and the tabs to mount the sway bar to my lower shock bolts :coffee2: Thank you for your time and effort
to help. :coffee2:

If no surprises in life in the next 2 days I am pulling the trigger on this for Victoria

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004I5EEKU/"]Hellwig 55914 Tubular Front Sway Bar : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Thank you goes out to all the tec help in this thread
THANK YOU ALL for your help :cheers:
I feel this is what I am looking for :cheers:

-
Back