POLL: 1971 Twister Tx9....FACTORY RALLYES OR DOGDISH w/ TX9 Steelies??

1971 Twister, it will get its white stripes and THIN STRIPE WHITEWALLS. Factory rallyes or Dogdishes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

V24x2

Reaction score
Factory TX9 ‘71 Twister
White Side and rear stripes will be going on eventually
Thin whitewalls are going on this car
My question, stay with the factory rallyes or....being a black car, black steelies and correct dogdish poverty caps??
(Yes, I will be replacing some sheet metal as I drive this car, stripes on afterwards!!)

image.jpg

never liked rallies IMO one of the ugliest wheels ever made what would really look good is the steelies on back with a mag wheel on the front

Last edited:
never liked rallies IMO one of the ugliest wheels ever made what would really look good is the steelies on back with a mag wheel on the front
Agreed, but she’s no friggin race car that’s for sure! All original 2bbl 318. If she had some thump to back up the “Day2” race look, then maybe so.

I like what you got going on there but I’ve narrowed it down to these 2 original factory looks. If the car was ANY other color than black, it would be the rallies fosho, but the black w the black steelies, they just work together so well.

It's a brave man that asks about wheel selection on this forum... but if you really want to see something, though, ask for help choosing a camshaft for the stock 318!

It's a brave man that asks about wheel selection on this forum... but if you really want to see something, though, ask for help choosing a camshaft for the stock 318!
Yea, I hear that! I have plenty of go-fast stuff, I’m not tearing into this one as well just yet. Maybe down the road but for now, I just want a turn key cruiser.

Get you some wire wheel covers to go with the whitewalls.

Personally, getting tired of seeing dog dishes and rallyes. Chrysler made quite a few nice looking wheel covers.

Can’t beat 15” cop wheels and caps. Super clean and classy.

Jake

The rallyes with the 71 dark argent center caps is my vote, the white walls would have to go through, white letters or black walls and definitely trim rings on the wheels. I'm a mag wheel guy myself but with the 4 inch pattern you don't have much of a mag wheel choice. If it were me I'd put 8 inch rallyes in the back, you can get them with the small bolt circle.

Rallyes need the beauty rings as well to really look good. They get over looked a lot. But for that car. Black steelies. I think every classic car should just have black steelies. With or with out Dog dishes. Just my opinion though.

-
Back