Pop-out window removal help

-

niceolddart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 73 Duster, the side pop-out glass assemblies are removed from car & I need to take the glass out of the frames to clean them & install new weatherstripping & all. My question is, how do I go about removing the pop-out glass from the frame assemblies? It looks to me like there are factory rivets at the front of the vertical part of the frame assemblies that need to be removed to take the leading edge of the window frame off, then I'll have access to the glass to slide it out (Maybe?) of the rest of the frame. Am I missing something or is this correct for disassembling them? The weatherstripping looks like it won't come out or go back in without doing this. I surely don't want to destroy ANYTHING, so I need someone who has done this before for their help. I'll have other questions, I'm sure, as I move along on this project. Thanks, in advance, for helping.

Thanks for the In-Site fellas. I'll be removing the rivets tomorrow night. Any recommendations on what I should use to replace the factory rivets?
I'm also trying to find the complete pop-out window latch assemblies for this car too. No one seems to have them. They look like they are rivetted (plastic parts) to the glass frame also & are not the same as B Bodies or (maybe) 72 & earlier Dusters/Demons. DMT has the complete weatherstripping kit I need to do all of the glass to body sealing.

WOW! Very good job of explaining how do this. I have all the proper tools to do it (I was an auto mechanic years ago) & I found out some of the assembly techniques I was not aware of. (Never did THIS before) I will be saving this to help me re-install the glass. Now I'm ready to tackle the job.
Thank you john6464, Oldmanmopar & dadsbee for all the help. I'm going to order the kit from DMT today so the glass will be ready to install when I put the car back together
hopefully by the end of the Summer early Fall.

New question. How do the small plastic pieces attached to the glass come out? Are they just pressed together?

New question. How do the small plastic pieces attached to the glass come out? Are they just pressed together?
You looked at my link no? First picture shows the plastic "H" slider apart. Two pieces and a metal pin. GENTLY wiggle them back and forth (turning) to loosen up and you should be able to pull them apart.

Now I understand. Sometimes I don't get things at first. (Old age & brain injury don't help any :))
Thanks for your help...AGAIN.

-
Back