PORT VOLUME THE BIG MYTH 101 * TECH VIDEO *

-
" Quench explained "= "flat areas of chamber"
Then...
"Soft chamber is better" yet .."shows no loss or gains on dyno"..but.. "shows up as half a tenth of a chickens ********"

Lmao.
That guy musta drink a lake of coffee..right before forgetting half of his thoughts... then made 3 videos of what was left.
Quench, when you fart with your cheeks clenched...there's your quench summed up in a fart. :poke:Pressure waves.
Don't forget to buy my heads though.:eek:

He damn near contradicts himself . He is the $ and not the brain... or he just wants to sell heads, cause he isn't explaining anything to anyone. Easier to watch on mute.

He damn near contradicts himself . He is the $ and not the brain... or he just wants to sell heads, cause he isn't explaining anything to anyone. Easier to watch on mute.

AGREE!!!!
If you taking the telescope that you were looking at the stars with, in the sky, and just look at them with your naked eye. Well that's the amount of info that he shared.

I could argue/or disagree with every statement that he made. depending on were i pointed the telescope in that statement.

I didn’t hear a single contradiction. Not one. Everyone should watch and learn from these videos. Especially when he is discussing port taper and why it’s not good, but then he comes full circle and says taper is good. That is not a contradiction. It’s a fact. Taper can be good and bad.

I love the fact that I have been using soft chambers since 2000. He was a bit behind on that one. Even NA likes a soft chamber. And he says flow numbers are last in his list. I agree.

That info has fallen into the common knowledge.
He should have said ..while things can vary to a degree with different heads...too much taper is a bad thing.
You're entitled to your opinion but he's still a scatterbrain in mine.

I was hoping he would go into a little more detail on the differences between in the soft chamber. While he shows the heads chambers, there was no real talk about it. This would help some people a little bit.

Love the oval port conversion.

I would love if he went into greater detail, but I find over the basic engine theory info only comes in little timbits of knowledge here and there.

I liked the info about how the overall displacement rpm combo dictate the size needed between the roof and ssr, and how rpm was little more needing than displacement.

That info has fallen into the common knowledge.
He should have said ..while things can vary to a degree with different heads...too much taper is a bad thing.
You're entitled to your opinion but he's still a scatterbrain in mine.

And he is producing record setting heads and you are??? You criticize someone because you think they are scatter brained. I’d suggest he’s trying to teach a set of basic concepts for the guys who live by the bullshit they hear of forums and read in magazines.

And he is producing record setting heads and you are??? You criticize someone because you think they are scatter brained. I’d suggest he’s trying to teach a set of basic concepts for the guys who live by the bullshit they hear of forums and read in magazines.

LOL you'd think I insulted you.

LOL you expect a common to understand what he attempted to say.

LOL says the king of bullshit...because for 1...he is SELLING not DESIGNING. He says who is really behind scenes.

You love to fly in like John Wayne, pistols blazing...but firing blanks.

I don't give a fk about that guy I've never heard of him or care, i don't curtail.

You don't agree with my opinion...tough ****.
Get over it bud

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^
:thankyou: He sounds like another guy I know. lol

I'm not saying this guy don't know his ****. He has too, to be were he is.
I'm saying that he is acting like Warren Johnson. Even retired He not going to give up ****.

I will save my u-tube like button for people like Darin Morgan.........Just saying...............

I'm not saying this guy don't know his ****. He has too, to be were he is.
I'm saying that he is acting like Warren Johnson. Even retired He not going to give up ****.

I will save my u-tube like button for people like Darin Morgan.........Just saying...............

That wasn’t the point of his video. He wasn’t going in depth. He was laying out some basics.

LOL you'd think I insulted you.

LOL you expect a common to understand what he attempted to say.

LOL says the king of bullshit...because for 1...he is SELLING not DESIGNING. He says who is really behind scenes.

You love to fly in like John Wayne, pistols blazing...but firing blanks.

I don't give a fk about that guy I've never heard of him or care, i don't curtail.

You don't agree with my opinion...tough ****.
Get over it bud

You didn’t insult me. You made an idiotic post and got called knit. Take your bullshit and play with yourself.

That guy has forgotten more about cylinder heads than you’ll ever learn.

Get over yourself.

" Quench explained "= "flat areas of chamber"
Then...
"Soft chamber is better" yet .."shows no loss or gains on dyno"..but.. "shows up as half a tenth of a chickens ********"

Lmao.
That guy musta drink a lake of coffee..right before forgetting half of his thoughts... then made 3 videos of what was left.
Quench, when you fart with your cheeks clenched...there's your quench summed up in a fart. :poke:Pressure waves.
Don't forget to buy my heads though.:eek:

I quote this because it exposes your ignorance. Be sure to make some videos explaining why you do what you do on your record setting heads. I’d love to watch it.

If I relied on youtube for knowledge I would feel deprived.
To earn your degree you must perform the task.

That wasn’t the point of his video. He wasn’t going in depth. He was laying out some basics.
If he builds on them videos then i will take back my WJ comments.
I just felt like it was an advertisement.

If he builds on them videos then i will take back my WJ comments.

It seemed to me it was more like a PSA. He is tired of taking phone calls from guys wanting to buy a head based on port volume and/or flow numbers. That’s really what the first video was about, and the other two followed up on the first and added a couple of things.

Kinda like buying a carb. Buying it based on CFM numbers is a bad way to go. Helping a guy now with a 318 and he is bound and determined to run a 750 on it. I want him to buy a BLP BX4 650 or at least a QF Brawler 650.

The design of these main bodies flow more air than what the 1980’s and 1990’s Holley stuff did. He is so married to CFM rather than venturi and throttle blade size he just can’t think it through.

I sent him a link to those videos so he can watch them.

BTW, WJ said last January he hasn’t used a flow bench in 20 some years. He said that during the Performance Engine...awe crap...I can’t think of what they called it. But he said he hasn’t used one in that long.

I’ll say it again...it’s about shape, Shape and SHAPE. Which is what Matt was saying.

Those videos are all mini infomercials......... by just about any business that puts them out.

They’re putting the name out there.
I don’t have any problems with that.

Not many businesses........ no matter how successful....... can get by without any type of advertising.

Those videos are all mini infomercials......... by just about any business that puts them out.

They’re putting the name out there.
I don’t have any problems with that.

Not many businesses........ no matter how successful....... can get by without any type of advertising.
Where can I find your video ?

-
Back