Ported Slant 6 head

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is my ported slant head done by Jerry Killian, owner of http://killiansportingservice.com/index.html right down the road from me in Warner Robins, Georgia. He is a very renowned porter in this area. I have the flow sheet, which I will post later when I get time. Before and after flow @ .450 lift (which is about where my cam will be after lash and crappy rocker ratio) is as follows:

Intake before @ .450 - 145.4
Intake after @ .450- 174.9

Exhaust before @ .450- 97.6
Exhaust after @ .450- 153.4

These numbers were acheived with a crappy roughed in single 45* seat and NO competition valve job OR deshrouding to the combustion chamber. I took Jerry my head gasket so he can deshroud, plus he's sending it out for a full competition valve job. He said he expects it to pick up even more.

View attachment SLANT HEAD.jpg

View attachment SLANT HEAD1.jpg

View attachment SLANT HEAD2.jpg

Here is my ported slant head done by Jerry Killian, owner of http://killiansportingservice.com/index.html right down the road from me in Warner Robins, Georgia. He is a very renowned porter in this area.

That's some amazingly skilled (and, effective) porting!!!

Is that the head you're gonna put on a competiton engine?

It would sure be a waste to put it on a street car... that is a beautiful piece of work!!!

Just beautiful...:cheers:

That's some amazingly skilled (and, effective) porting!!!

Is that the head you're gonna put on a competiton engine?

It would sure be a waste to put it on a street car... that is a beautiful piece of work!!!

Just beautiful...:cheers:

Then I guess it's gonna be a waste.

I know where Warner Robbins is !!! Actually met some DTW people at the H(.)(.)TERS there,even got an autographed T-Shirt from the girls there too !! That head sure is pretty !!Maybe I should come visit again,and bring my head with me !!

That is piece of art what did that end up costing you. I will be contacting them soon:cheers:

I am not real sharp on resizing pictures with text. I hope these come out legibile. If not, I will gladly email the flow sheets to whomever wants them. Remember, these numbers are for the port work ONLY. No deshrouding and no completel valve job. Only a rough in. I will post the final results after the sheen shop is done. It will be probably a week or so.

View attachment 001.jpg

View attachment 002.jpg

View attachment 003.jpg

1.77/1.49 valves...so u used 318 valves?
good numbers, the head looks nice

fwiw
The last int numbers i have from mildly ported/gasket matched /6 1.70/1.44 valve head with still needing a valve job are as follows
.100-56
.200-105
.300-154
.400-166
.500-175
.550-185
Numbers from a mild bowl blend i did with stock valves.
.100-50
.200-105
.300-142
.400-164
.500-170
.550-171

Thanks for posting numbers, many people on here can benefit from this type of info.

Yeah, the 318 valves were installed a while back. I am anxious to see what it flows when it's all done.

wow those numbers that high are impressive... i would be curious what he could do with a .550 lift cam...

I know where Warner Robbins is !!! Actually met some DTW people at the H(.)(.)TERS there,even got an autographed T-Shirt from the girls there too !! That head sure is pretty !!Maybe I should come visit again,and bring my head with me !!

If you do let me know. We'll hit up the waffle house.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!....... I see allot of hours put into that head SS :glasses7:
What intake is it going to match up too ? Congratulations :cheers:

Pretty much everybody on here that I "want" to know about my build knows all about it. Besides, why would you want to know about a build that you think is such a "waste" and a "shame"? I don't see where it means anything to you anyway because it has no turbo.

Oh, I'm bein nice. When somebody calls my stuff a waste and a shame, they ain't gettin anymore info about it. But I can be nice about it. lol

As long as I've been on the forum....I've never seen anything that you've done with your projects as a "waste"....or a "shame" for that matter... :prayer:

Well I will be glad to share anything I am doing. Just PM me and I will let you know all about it. lol

As long as I've been on the forum....I've never seen anything that you've done with your projects as a "waste"....or a "shame" for that matter... :prayer:

Thanks for the kind words. I haven't done much to any of my projects because of fund constraints, but I am making progress...however slow.

-
Back