Post your 10 second combo

-
Here it is.

Burn-Out.jpg

Launch.jpg

Small block stroker on e85 and pushing the roll bar limit.. Tips the scales at 3066#s.

@wheelsup73

You do realize this thread is about telling everybody what it took part wise to go the time. Not a showing off of the ride, which was cool but lacks all the details on how to do it.

Can you provide your build specs and parts used front to rear?
Help a Mopar brother and sister out!

Im running a 1976 360 block that is half filled with block filler and block is bored .040 over. Wisco pro tru pistons and pins, eagle h beam rods and eagle 4 in stroker crank. I run Hughes engines stage 3 edelbrocks that was hand ported in 2006 (299 cfm @ .600) and a Hughes solid flat tappet cam AS 276/280 @ .050. I run Manley Beehive springs and Comp cams Pro magnum rockers. Intake is a M-1 with a holley hp950 carb that I converted to E-85 a few months ago. Tranny is a 904 with a 2.77 first gear, a tranny brake and converter is an 8 in Continental that was reworked by Lenny at Ultimate converters that flash stalls to 5700. Im running a Dana 60 with 4.56 gears. I built this motor in Dec of 2006 and we have 1000s of passes on it. Best pass is 10.03 @ 131 and that was in July in 86 degree weather with the new E-85 carb I built.

My junk runs 10.0s and sometimes dips into the 9.70 range with great air. It's a rather lightweight(2770 lbs w/me in the seat) '70 Duster.

I will start at the upper front and work down ans back. The motor is an R1 345" W2 solid roller motor. The heads are really heavily worked w/ 2.08" intakes and have been through the hands of three head porters. They flow(on a real bench) 324 - 326 CFM at 0.675" lift. The flow numbers are from worst port to best. The car has a ported Holley Pro Dominator with 660 ctr. squirters. Compression ratio is 13.8:1 w/ Diamond pistons with an ancient 5/64 ring pack; and it is equipped with a 0.695" lift custom Comp roller cam. I just added new Comp Pro 1.65 roller rockers that I bought from a guy on Craigslist. The cam specs are 276° @ 0.050" Int. 283° Exh. LSA 106° ICL 106°. Comp solid roller lifters.

The bottom of the motor is very 1990s, with the old Diamond slugs, a really heavy 4340 crank, Mellings HV oil pump and a home brewed extended pan, pickup and windage baffling and some other oil mods to keep oil it the pan during wheels up launches.

Ignition is also old school with a Mopar electronic disty that I reworked, a chrome box, an old Accel coil, 9mm wires and some other junk that I have done as I am an EE by training.

Backing the motor is a slick-shifted(yes, the build is that old) A-833, narrowed Dana with 5.38s(a real Mopar Perf. Narrowed unit) and a partridge in a pear tree.

Suspension is really simple with ladder bars and 14 x 32s at the rear, and 90/10 shocks at the front. The front shocks are old Gabriel units.

Car is pretty light with fiberglass doors, hood bumpers, deck lid, and lexan glass save for the back light(rear glass).

It is also green. If I was a better driver the car would be in the nines with regularity; but I'm not that great a driver. However, I am honest about my lack of driving prowess :)

My junk runs 10.0s and sometimes dips into the 9.70 range with great air. It's a rather lightweight(2770 lbs w/me in the seat) '70 Duster.

I will start at the upper front and work down ans back. The motor is an R1 345" W2 solid roller motor. The heads are really heavily worked w/ 2.08" intakes and have been through the hands of three head porters. They flow(on a real bench) 324 - 326 CFM at 0.675" lift. The flow numbers are from worst port to best. The car has a ported Holley Pro Dominator with 660 ctr. squirters. Compression ratio is 13.8:1 w/ Diamond pistons with an ancient 5/64 ring pack; and it is equipped with a 0.695" lift custom Comp roller cam. I just added new Comp Pro 1.65 roller rockers that I bought from a guy on Craigslist. The cam specs are 276° @ 0.050" Int. 283° Exh. LSA 106° ICL 106°. Comp solid roller lifters.

The bottom of the motor is very 1990s, with the old Diamond slugs, a really heavy 4340 crank, Mellings HV oil pump and a home brewed extended pan, pickup and windage baffling and some other oil mods to keep oil it the pan during wheels up launches.

Ignition is also old school with a Mopar electronic disty that I reworked, a chrome box, an old Accel coil, 9mm wires and some other junk that I have done as I am an EE by training.

Backing the motor is a slick-shifted(yes, the build is that old) A-833, narrowed Dana with 5.38s(a real Mopar Perf. Narrowed unit) and a partridge in a pear tree.

Suspension is really simple with ladder bars and 14 x 32s at the rear, and 90/10 shocks at the front. The front shocks are old Gabriel units.

Car is pretty light with fiberglass doors, hood bumpers, deck lid, and lexan glass save for the back light(rear glass).

It is also green. If I was a better driver the car would be in the nines with regularity; but I'm not that great a driver. However, I am honest about my lack of driving prowess :)

10 sec pass is great getting in to the high 9s even better ..It may be old but it scoots .

Im running a 1976 360 block that is half filled with block filler and block is bored .040 over. Wisco pro tru pistons and pins, eagle h beam rods and eagle 4 in stroker crank. I run Hughes engines stage 3 edelbrocks that was hand ported in 2006 (299 cfm @ .600) and a Hughes solid flat tappet cam AS 276/280 @ .050. I run Manley Beehive springs and Comp cams Pro magnum rockers. Intake is a M-1 with a holley hp950 carb that I converted to E-85 a few months ago. Tranny is a 904 with a 2.77 first gear, a tranny brake and converter is an 8 in Continental that was reworked by Lenny at Ultimate converters that flash stalls to 5700. Im running a Dana 60 with 4.56 gears. I built this motor in Dec of 2006 and we have 1000s of passes on it. Best pass is 10.03 @ 131 and that was in July in 86 degree weather with the new E-85 carb I built.
1000 passes that is good ...

Took my 67 Formula "S" 383 fast back Barracuda to the track [Milan Dragway] this past summer on a Thursday test & tune. The track is prepped very good. I was asked to take a "M-Live" reporter down the track. How fast can I go with a rider??? Car went 11.00 @ 122 & change with two people weighing in at 450 pounds! Next the track manager wanted to go for a ride [female]. much lighter! Car went 10.97 @ 123. Finally I got to take a couple passes on my own. One good pass 10.78 @ 124 and backed it up with a 10.81 also @ 124. Now some specs. 440 +.030. Ross pistons, true 11:1 compression: indy heads & intake, 1050 carb; roller cam .613 lift, duration @ .050 254. Car runs through the exhaust [3" full to the tail pipes]. Dana 60 with 4.10's. ET drag radials. 727 and manual valve body by turbo action. Full interior and a 6 pt. cage. No modifications to the suspension. No snubber no bars no anything! I have had the car run a little better but this is the average pass Most always 124 mph most always in the '70's. This on 93 octane with a mix of 110 just for the smell of it! Thats all folks!

What
Took my 67 Formula "S" 383 fast back Barracuda to the track [Milan Dragway] this past summer on a Thursday test & tune. The track is prepped very good. I was asked to take a "M-Live" reporter down the track. How fast can I go with a rider??? Car went 11.00 @ 122 & change with two people weighing in at 450 pounds! Next the track manager wanted to go for a ride [female]. much lighter! Car went 10.97 @ 123. Finally I got to take a couple passes on my own. One good pass 10.78 @ 124 and backed it up with a 10.81 also @ 124. Now some specs. 440 +.030. Ross pistons, true 11:1 compression: indy heads & intake, 1050 carb; roller cam .613 lift, duration @ .050 254. Car runs through the exhaust [3" full to the tail pipes]. Dana 60 with 4.10's. ET drag radials. 727 and manual valve body by turbo action. Full interior and a 6 pt. cage. No modifications to the suspension. No snubber no bars no anything! I have had the car run a little better but this is the average pass Most always 124 mph most always in the '70's. This on 93 octane with a mix of 110 just for the smell of it! Thats all folks!
What does your car weigh? Also the cam solid, what design lunati or ? Your in the tens thats great.

What

What does your car weigh? Also the cam solid, what design lunati or ? Your in the tens thats great.
What

It is full steel. All stock from the outside, including fender opening moldings and the rocker molding for '67. It is over 3300 lbs w/o driver. I also installed Dodge Viper bucket seats for support and boy do they fit nice and look Good as well. I would post some pix however this is a new computer and I have not uploaded my pix from the old junk yet, sorry. Cam is a crane, I have installed 1.6 indy rockers to increase the lift. It is advertised as a 575 lift cam. [.383 lobe lift.] Ignition is MSD digital 6 [no advance in the distributor] 34 degrees timing. Start retard is in the Digital 6 so cranking is no issue. Converter is an 8" Turbo Action which stalls an honest 4800. I do street drive this often, not daily but weekends and cruise nights. It is a pleasure to drive. I have owned this car since 1978. It is an original 383 S car. [BH29H] vin. Any other questions I can answer feel free to ask.

It is full steel. All stock from the outside, including fender opening moldings and the rocker molding for '67. It is over 3300 lbs w/o driver. I also installed Dodge Viper bucket seats for support and boy do they fit nice and look Good as well. I would post some pix however this is a new computer and I have not uploaded my pix from the old junk yet, sorry. Cam is a crane, I have installed 1.6 indy rockers to increase the lift. It is advertised as a 575 lift cam. [.383 lobe lift.] Ignition is MSD digital 6 [no advance in the distributor] 34 degrees timing. Start retard is in the Digital 6 so cranking is no issue. Converter is an 8" Turbo Action which stalls an honest 4800. I do street drive this often, not daily but weekends and cruise nights. It is a pleasure to drive. I have owned this car since 1978. It is an original 383 S car. [BH29H] vin. Any other questions I can answer feel free to ask.
Glad to get some info from you it all helps out, the jetting the carb and the timing among other things. I have a solid flat tappet .I do have a roller but just have not decided if I want to use it yet..I went and looked up those seats those are nice! My car weighs a little less but im looking foward to those 10s.
Did you tell what manifold you are using?

ET slip from the track. Pretty average slip, some better some worse. If I installed slicks, it would be a bit faster I'm sure. I have ran one 10.58 @ 125 but this is absolutely the best pass. It even surprised me! [must have been a strong tail wind]

IMG_2853.jpg

ET slip from the track. Pretty average slip, some better some worse. If I installed slicks, it would be a bit faster I'm sure. I have ran one 10.58 @ 125 but this is absolutely the best pass. It even surprised me! [must have been a strong tail wind]

View attachment 1715149770

10.58 @ 125 is really about right for the mph and ET. If you could cut a 1.4 60’, she’d be low 10.40’s pretty easy. Very cool car! I also would like to get a spec board like you did. I know people wonder but most won’t ask (I’m the same way most the time).

-
Back